Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SteveRacer

Re: Haas - American team in F1

Not sure if this is really news or not.

http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/08/01/haas ... race-seat/

"As Haas Factory Outlet Portugal’s new headquarters was inaugurated near Oporto, the outfit’s Californian founder Gene Haas confirmed that Jean-Eric Vergne, Esteban Gutierrez and Nico Hulkenberg have all been linked with the two available race seats."

Manoah2u

SteveRacer wrote:Not sure if this is really news or not.

http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/08/01/haas ... race-seat/

"As Haas Factory Outlet Portugal’s new headquarters was inaugurated near Oporto, the outfit’s Californian founder Gene Haas confirmed that Jean-Eric Vergne, Esteban Gutierrez and Nico Hulkenberg have all been linked with the two available race seats."
Vergne and Guiterrez i expected. That's the combination i expect him to go by.
I don't think Hulkenberg would be in for the deal from his side out.
However, I can see Force India not being able to retain him as of 2016 he'll have to go elsewhere.
Would Haas be a good move for him? I think not, but it might give him a step-in towards Ferrari in 2017.

I could also see Vergne going to Renault F1 team if they finally have taken over lotus.
I have a feeling Grosjean could be dumped in favour of Vergne. Perhaps even have both, who knows.

They'll (HAAS) would hugely benefit from an experienced driver and Hulkenberg by now is one. If that
happens, i'm afraid Hulkenberg really is going down to the Nick Heidfeld route.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

skoop

i don't know if a potential hulk to haas move would improve his chances at ferrari. if he gets overlooked this season again, the ferrari ship has sailed for hulk. i doubt that ferrari will hire someone for just one season. they'll go for a longterm solution in my opinion

PlatinumZealot

Hulk should Stay at Force India or go to a better team if he wants the Ferrari seat. Going to Haas is a step backwards.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Nathanael F1

Why is there all this talk of Hulk going to Haas? He's been stuck in a midfield team for his entire career - why would he want to race with Manor?
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

FrukostScones

Nathanael F1 wrote:Why is there all this talk of Hulk going to Haas? He's been stuck in a midfield team for his entire career - why would he want to race with Manor?
because one of his only 2 chances to stay in F1...
and if Haas really is no USF1 and more or less Ferrari USA team then maybe it is worth racing the Manors or ArtF1, to stay in touch....
and as we have seen if you are out of F1 you are out of F1 unless you are MSC another racing god.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ME4ME

FrukostScones wrote:and as we have seen if you are out of F1 you are out of F1 unless you are MSC another racing god.
Mr first lap nutcase is a racing god?! :o :mrgreen:

FrukostScones

ME4ME wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:and as we have seen if you are out of F1 you are out of F1 unless you are MSC another racing god.
Mr first lap nutcase is a racing god?! :o :mrgreen:
I'm not getting it, did your mind play tricks on you :?: :mrgreen:

ME4ME

I sort of asumed you ment "Or another racing god"

In which case: Grosjean made a return to F1 after some time out from the sport.
Hence, Mr First lap nutcase must be a racing god 8)

FrukostScones

ME4ME wrote:I sort of asumed you ment "Or another racing god"

ah, ok.... yeah you are right... just couldn't make out GRO as "Mr First lap nutcase"... I thought that title was always firmly in the hands of MAL... :mrgreen:
which year GRO sat out? he is not the most interesting guy on the grid.. so I forgot... shame on me.

ChrisF1

Are we nominating Luca Badoer as a driving god then :lol:

ringo

FrukostScones wrote:

ah, ok.... yeah you are right... just couldn't make out GRO as "Mr First lap nutcase"... I thought that title was always firmly in the hands of MAL... :mrgreen:
which year GRO sat out? he is not the most interesting guy on the grid.. so I forgot... shame on me.
He partnered with Alonso in 2009. in the mcdonalds big mac Renault. I think he came back driving for lotus with Kimi?

For Sure!!

Manoah2u

ringo wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:

He partnered with Alonso in 2009. in the mcdonalds big mac Renault. I think he came back driving for lotus with Kimi?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2009/ ... 80x960.jpg
Grosjean did not partner Alonso in 2009, he replaced the ousted Piquet Jr. after the crashgate scandal.
Couldn't impress at all, next season gone. In a weird twist of fate he got the seat when Renault became lotus,
probably thanks to Bouillier and Total. I've wondered what he's doing in F1 ever since and i'm still confused how
one team manages to have 2 drivers that both add zero to F1. Grosjean + Maldonado. what a combination.

Either way, why are people discussing grosjean comeback and schumacher and luca badoer in a haas f1 thread? :?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

AnthonyG

Manoah2u wrote: Grosjean did not partner Alonso in 2009, he replaced the ousted Piquet Jr. after the crashgate scandal.
Couldn't impress at all, next season gone. In a weird twist of fate he got the seat when Renault became lotus,
probably thanks to Bouillier and Total. I've wondered what he's doing in F1 ever since and i'm still confused how
one team manages to have 2 drivers that both add zero to F1.
Grosjean + Maldonado. what a combination.

Either way, why are people discussing grosjean comeback and schumacher and luca badoer in a haas f1 thread? :?
Stop trolling please.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:
ringo wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2009/ ... 80x960.jpg
Grosjean did not partner Alonso in 2009, he replaced the ousted Piquet Jr. after the crashgate scandal.
one team manages to have 2 drivers that both add zero to F1. Grosjean + Maldonado. what a combination.

Rookie grosjean was closer in qualifying to alonso in that dpg of a car than kimi ever was in a decent one so take that into consideration..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏