2014 2.4 V8 NA

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Re: 2014 2.4 V8 NA

mrluke wrote:Number of litres or cylinders is almost irrelevant on a turbo engine providing you have the finances to have it cope with the high boost and resulting loads. If you removed fuel flow limit for this year's engines you would exceed the 80s bhp levels. Forced induction engines make more power more of the time than an na, that's why turbos were banned in the first place.
I fail to see how your post is relevant. It was asked if both the turbo and fuel flow limit were removed, whether or not they'd produce more power.

mrluke
mrluke

Cold Fussion wrote:
mrluke wrote:Number of litres or cylinders is almost irrelevant on a turbo engine providing you have the finances to have it cope with the high boost and resulting loads. If you removed fuel flow limit for this year's engines you would exceed the 80s bhp levels. Forced induction engines make more power more of the time than an na, that's why turbos were banned in the first place.
I fail to see how your post is relevant. It was asked if both the turbo and fuel flow limit were removed, whether or not they'd produce more power.
Apologies I misread.

yener

So on e tells me the v6 1.6 without turbo and fuel restriction would be much slower and Beelsebob tells me that it would be much faster?
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Burgess
Burgess

No fuel restrictions theoretically no power limit.

ian_s

if you take the turbo off the v6's now, you wouldn't get enough air into the engine to burn more fuel than they do now, so they wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as they are now.
but giving the old v8s the same flow limit would be interesting to see. i assume that the flow limit would effectively act as a rev limiter.