Domenicali Steps Down!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset
lebesset

Re: Domenicali Steps Down!

can't claim to be the world's leading expert on CEO's , but in my experience the CEO's who come in and succeed in turning companies around tend to be either the ones who contract the company to cut costs , hardy a great success story , not known for working in F1 , or those that the people needed to turn the company arround have confidence in as knowing how to make the right decisions
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

FrukostScones

sensible comment by AMuS F1 head journo Michael Schmidt:

http://translate.google.de/translate?sl ... t=&act=url
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

MountainBiker
MountainBiker

I don't think this salesman guy is in it for the long hall, he's "golden bo[[ocks" right now and someone who the Ferrari board trusts, if he brings in the right people and makes it work he may want to stay, or, maybe he has eyes on the top job.

They need to take their time and make the right appointment/s, whoever the bring in wont have any affect on the 2014 car so there's no rush. Forget about Briattori or Brawn, they need someone fresh and hungry.

windwaves
windwaves

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Ex Ferrari head of press Luca C. argues that you don't need to be as$hole if you want to be successful in F1. I can certainly disagree with that, as F1 is a cruel place for those who think the world is ideal, and there are big wolves over there. Fact is, the nice guys left the house.

In the meantime, your voice will matter - http://www.f1technical.net/poll/index.php?dispid=271 - Do you think sacking Stefano will solve Ferrari issues?

More fuel in the fire by Maurice Hamilton at ESPN - http://www.espn.co.uk/blogs/motorsport/ ... 54109.html
As I said on Twitter, strangely, lots of people seem to be missing Stefano right now. Previously, only those who wanted his head were vocal enough with one or two exceptions. Certainly, the world isn't black and white, and there's always context, but the bottom line is that Stefano was a respected figure and no one in the paddock will be left with bad feelings. In bocca al lupo.

P.S. So far, according to the poll, not many of you seem to think that Stefano's resignation will solve Ferrari issues.
This is just one poll, from one forum my friend.

The vast majority of tifosi were for SD resignation for years and now they are super happy. The vast majority my friend. Just do a reality check: reality is not at F1Techinical for Ferrari, you know that.

MOWOG

Luca has revealed his true colors for all the world to see. He is nothing but a preening, pompous prima donna who, in the words of Carly Simon, has "one eye on the mirror while you watch yourself gavotte." Now that we know the truth, we see that he is just a small man with a small mind - hardly worthy of the great Ferrari name and tradition. :-" :-#
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Redragon

SD resignation will not change anything. Other TP will do exactly the same. Whoever is the guy.
Why?
Because they don't own the team, they will just do whatever it takes to survive on the team but not take any risks.
As a politician. And it is what Dominacelli has been doing for the last few years, he haven't done anything wrong, just doing the decisions to survive on position.

The straight solution would be TP buys 51% of the team and it is the owner of the team, ex: Dennis, will see how Mclaren is doing next year under his management and ownership.

Now many are calling for Briatore being the sustitute, if it is him. I see it as a sign from Ferrari trying to hold Alonso on the team.

Since, November Honda has been stating that they want Alonso, Mclaren has been doing some approaching movements to reduce tensions, even 2 weeks ago they posted a picture of Dennis and Alonso on same table, chatting and smiling.
Alonso on the interviews of last GP has been really critic when normally is more composed. I wouldn't be surprise he already is heading to Mclaren.

Conclusion this resignation mean to my eyes means two things, Alonso is already saying goodbye and Dominacelli is paying for it. Or They are trying to hold Alonso to any costs, just forcing TP to resignate and trying to brig his best friend to the team or make him feel the team would anything.

jonaliew
jonaliew

Just an interesting analysis and read. Some good points raised.

"The problem for Stefano is that he is a nice guy - too nice, probably - who was on a hiding to nothing if Ferrari did not perform once he had taken over from the imperious Jean Todt. Domenicali's situation reminds me of the predicament faced by David Moyes as he struggles to carry the massive baton handed down by Sir Alex Ferguson. Manchester United was moulded by the dour Scot to such an extent that Moyes was in a no-win situation: if success continued, it was to be expected; if the team failed, blame would be laid at his method of management."

Di Montezemolo is a charming man and the Latin melodrama surrounding his every move in public has its place in an amusing sense. But this is no time for theatre. It's all about power units not vanity units. The question at Maranello right now ought to be: 'Anyone got the phone number for Andy Cowell at Mercedes Benz High Performance Engines?'

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/blogs/motorsport/s ... 43Uv2AE.99

I think LDM is in big threat if he doesn't keep his share/stake holders happy as well. You must remember a president isn't exactly invulnerable if the shareholders/sponsors boycott him. So I think there could be a threat to LDMs reign which required first action by cutting SD off. You can't cut off Pat Fry, etc because it will affect development. I think Ferrari need to bring a person who has experience in PUs and engines. A TP is one thing, in fact a TP is becoming a replaceable figurehead in F1 now a days.
Last edited by jonaliew on 15 Apr 2014, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteBlue

Read Joe Sawards blog. He thinks its all part of the upcoming power struggle at Ferrari. Montezemolo vs. the Agnelli grandchildren will be the plot. At 67 Monte is set to loose this on biological grounds.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

monsi
monsi

Redragon wrote: Now many are calling for Briatore being the sustitute, if it is him. I see it as a sign from Ferrari trying to hold Alonso on the team.
:shock: Surely not. Just a few brushes with authority over recent years ... I could foresee a few raised eyebrows and worried looks from anyone advertising on the Ferrari.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Indeed, Ferrari are not going to want to associate themselves with someone willing to put people's lives at risk in order to win races.

bhall
bhall

beelsebob wrote:Indeed, Ferrari are not going to want to associate themselves with someone willing to put people's lives at risk in order to win races.
I dunno about that one.

When told that Eugenio Castellotti had been killed in a crash while testing at the Modena Autodrome, Enzo Ferrari replied:

"[He's] dead. I'm sorry. And the car?"

sennaf1god.94

Sometimes failure is written in a stone...

How on earth Ferrari signed Luca Marmorini to manage the fate of the V6 PU engineering, when he could not even manage a simple atmosferic V8 engine at Toyota...

He was the reason for Toyota´s failure, and his is the next head to be cut at Ferrari.

Place your bets.

:wink:
Last edited by sennaf1god.94 on 15 Apr 2014, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Redragon

bhall wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Indeed, Ferrari are not going to want to associate themselves with someone willing to put people's lives at risk in order to win races.
I dunno about that one.

When told that Eugenio Castellotti had been killed in a crash while testing at the Modena Autodrome, Enzo Ferrari replied:

"[He's] dead. I'm sorry. And the car?"
Don't want to sound racist but we are talking about Italy.

And example: Berlusconi, nearly was elected again last year despite all the scandals.

Briatore is not only known on the racing world but other business so he can be a great marketing asset despite his past. And can be the only one to convince Alonso to stay. As a friend and ex-manager.

Now, is my favourite to the post? the answer is no.

If elected it would be funny to see how he eats his words from last week saying Ferrari F1 is not anymore a team of excellence

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

sennaf1god.94 wrote:Sometimes failure is written in a stone...

How on earth Ferrari signed Luca Marmorini to manage the fate of the V6 PU engineering, when he could not even manage a simple atmosferic V8 engine at Toyota...

He was the reason for Toyota´s failure, and his is the next head to be cut at Ferrari.

Place your bets.

There was another Luca who went to work for FIAT after the engine freeze, but I can't remember his surname.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

windwaves
windwaves

sennaf1god.94 wrote:Sometimes failure is written in a stone...

Place your bets.

interesting !!! I had now idea about this, true ?

It is as clear as it gets however that Marmorini's PU is a complete, disgraceful, motherf***g disaster.