Poll: Gene Haas F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

The Gene Hass F1 effort will:

Poll ended at 03 May 2014, 00:32

Compete in it's first F1 race at the first race of the 2015 season
22%
Compete in it's first F1 race at the first race of the 2016 season
37%
Will never start a race.
41%

Total votes: 86

Moxie

Poll: Gene Haas F1

Will the Gene Haas team compete?
Last edited by Moxie on 19 Apr 2014, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.

Lycoming

Re: Poll: Greg Haas F1

Who's Greg Haas?

MOWOG

Who's Greg Haas?
Gene Haas' smarter brother? :P
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Moxie

Here I've been positing about the guy for two weeks now and I have myself a great big old brain fart and get the guys name wrong. I am terribly embarrassed. I will edit the original post immediately.

Chuckjr

Re: Poll: Gene Haas F1

Join the club. It's no big deal. I think it gets WAY to serious at times in the forums so it's good these things happen from time to time to keep it real. Cheers-
Watching F1 since 1986.

lebesset

HRT !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

MOWOG

No worries, mate. :D
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Manoah2u

Greg Haas? Gene HASS??? #-o

start this thread just for some voting while you can't even write the team name correctly? #-o
sorry but i can't take this serious........ :roll:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Moxie

Moxie wrote:Here I've been positing about the guy for two weeks now and I have myself a great big old brain fart and get the guys name wrong. I am terribly embarrassed. I will edit the original post immediately.
Chuckjr wrote:Join the club. It's no big deal. I think it gets WAY to serious at times in the forums so it's good these things happen from time to time to keep it real. Cheers
MOWOG wrote: No worries, mate
Thanks guys. I hadn't noticed that some people in this forum get a little wound up over minor mistakes. :roll:

MOWOG

some people in this forum get a little wound up over minor mistakes.
There's an outside chance that some of our F1T brethren need to finally move out of their mother's basement! :P

Gaz.

Moxie wrote:Will the Gene Haas team compete?
Judging solely on this quote:

"I think 2015 is too close and 2016 is too far — that's kind of where I see it," Haas said. "If we wait until 2016 were are going to start delaying and spending even more money because we will be a neutral. ... What we need to do is come up with a plan where we can basically arrive with a car that is based on our partner's technology within the rules of the FIA. We are going to have to beg, borrow and steal to arrive at that first race so we can compete."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mo ... s/7701307/

I think Haas will bend over backwards to be on the grid for the first race next year, even if they throw everything together just to be there in an uncompetitive state. With Dallara likely to make the chassis, the PU supplied entirely and lots of other things made by third part companies he could buy a gearbox from Williams -they are hardly likely to turn down the income after all. Yes that is massively over simplified but he appears to have the cash to make it happen and Mercedes have one less team to supply to next year as it stands. :)
Forza Jules

ESPImperium

I think the team will compete with a enhanced HRT style deal with a non-stillborn Dallara chassis that is up to par and most likely a Ferrari power unit and gearbox. However, i think the car will not have the extensive update package for about the first half of the year due to the car being too far away from the European base of F1. They will struggle i think, i give the US F1 Team dream about two to three years before it collapses due to lack of results as the car will always be a day to two days behind the European based teams it is racing against simply due to logistics.

I wish Gene Haas well in the project, i just don't think the team will succeed against established teams, and teams of which are having financial troubles like Lotus.

myurr

I reckon Merc will be keen to supply them given McLaren's move to Honda. Could be good for their US marketing.

Moxie

One question I have about the matter is: What is the contractual obligation specifically. To fulfill the terms of the agreement, does a team actually have to qualify two cars within the 107% rule. I suppose it is possible to slap an engine and a chassis together, and roll out a mighty slow qualifying lap. Something tells me that Bernie is clever enough to see that angle, and take measures to prevent it.

Even so...I am still in the Will never start a race camp.

Bluesky1

2015 will be too early for the Gene Haas to compete.