How soon will Merc wrap up both championships?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Powershift

Re: How soon will Merc wrap up both championships?

Gerhard Berger wrote:
Powershift wrote:
gray41 wrote:Not sure how the crowd would react to Lewis winning at Monza. :?
by booing him and more racist monkey chants, just like in 2012, i would never expect a zebra to change its stripes
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 48#p373948
There were no monkey chants. This was made up by the poster over on autosport - the poster was subsequently banned, and monkey chants were not reported in any media outlets.

Yes the tifosi will boo all of Ferrari's main rivals. Same way some fans at Silvestone have booed Vettel and Alonso in the past (even Tony Jardine was encouraging the booing of Alonso in 2008), or cheered when Schumacher broke his legs.
There were plenty of people who reported the monkey chants, yes they happened, they also happen all the time in Italy in football matches, why is it so out of the realm of possibility for F1? But it is not important to argue the actions of idiots, it is more important to condemn them when they do happen.
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Powershift wrote:
There were plenty of people who reported the monkey chants, yes they happened, they also happen all the time in Italy in football matches, why is it so out of the realm of possibility for F1? But it is not important to argue the actions of idiots, it is more important to condemn them when they do happen.
Which other people reported the phantom monkey chants? You'll need to provide a reliable source if you are going to make a claim like that.

Yes it happens in Serie A matches and it's a big problem, but we're talking about F1 here, not Serie A.

SiLo

I'm guessing they will wrap up the Constructors very early, but the drivers may even go down to the wire if Rosberg can get his act together and get in Hamiltons way.
Felipe Baby!

CHT
CHT

SiLo wrote:I'm guessing they will wrap up the Constructors very early, but the drivers may even go down to the wire if Rosberg can get his act together and get in Hamiltons way.

It's turning out to be an epic Nico vs Lewis championship I think. Rosberg should bounce back when race condition is back to normal.

beelsebob
beelsebob

CHT wrote:
SiLo wrote:I'm guessing they will wrap up the Constructors very early, but the drivers may even go down to the wire if Rosberg can get his act together and get in Hamiltons way.

It's turning out to be an epic Nico vs Lewis championship I think. Rosberg should bounce back when race condition is back to normal.
To be honest, if Lewis wins a couple more, I think it's over. Lewis being 5-0 in race performances would really get Nico's back up.

turbof1

I don't think so. Remember that Nico has been consistently second. It took Hamilton 3 wins in a row just to be 4 points off first place in the WDC. Another 2 wins for Hamilton and another 2 second places for Nico would mean only 10 points off for Nico. Hamilton can't have another moment of bad luck. Neither can Nico of course, but it keeps things pretty close to eachother.
#AeroFrodo

beelsebob
beelsebob

turbof1 wrote:I don't think so. Remember that Nico has been consistently second. It took Hamilton 3 wins in a row just to be 4 points off first place in the WDC. Another 2 wins for Hamilton and another 2 second places for Nico would mean only 10 points off for Nico. Hamilton can't have another moment of bad luck. Neither can Nico of course, but it keeps things pretty close to eachother.
Right, the points will be very close. I mean that psychologically, I think any driver would pretty much be done having been beaten 5 times in a row by someone in the same machinery. I doubt that Nico would be able to come back from that place mentally.

ringo

Nico can't get his act togeth any more than he already has. I think he's at his limits for the pass few races.
He was balls to the wall in China Q3, and balls to the wall at Bahrain, especially after the safety car.

This championship is a matter of any unforeseen events for Hamilton. Maybe a sick day or engine failure or "acts of Maldonado".
I hope it's decided before the 50 points gimmicks race. But if it goes down to the wire, one driver need only a 14 point leading heading into the last race to feel comfortable in coming second to his teammate.
For Sure!!

turbof1

beelsebob wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I don't think so. Remember that Nico has been consistently second. It took Hamilton 3 wins in a row just to be 4 points off first place in the WDC. Another 2 wins for Hamilton and another 2 second places for Nico would mean only 10 points off for Nico. Hamilton can't have another moment of bad luck. Neither can Nico of course, but it keeps things pretty close to eachother.
Right, the points will be very close. I mean that psychologically, I think any driver would pretty much be done having been beaten 5 times in a row by someone in the same machinery. I doubt that Nico would be able to come back from that place mentally.
Meh, I think Nico is mentally strong enough to hold on. He might cling hope on the fact that Hamilton's engine broke down before and that it could happen again.

I do agree Hamilton would have the upperhand mentally. The thing is, how much can these drivers block the psychological warfare out of their head once they are inside the cockpit?
#AeroFrodo

Powershift

yes, his only hope is for another HAM mechanical DNF, because that is really what should be deciding the championship
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

AFAIR last year, Rosberg outqualified Hamilton in Bahrain, while Hamilton outqualifed Rosberg in Australia, Malaysia and China. Same has happened again this year.

Last year at Barcelona, Rosberg outqualified Hamilton fairly comfortably (which surprised me). I think he will need a repeat performance (and a good start) this year, otherwise, as others have said, he will be mentally finished.

Daliracing

this could be a season like 1988 or like 2009. 1988 is kinda logic but the reason i choose 2009 to compare is the fact that RB is good at the end of the season. if their developing pace is a bit better they may have a chance to win but they will also need luck. maybe things can change. it doesn't seems like but who knows.

marcush.
marcush.

who knows how things develop between the two Drivers....Hamilton has already stated things are different todays compared to their time in Karting...
Also it is quite surprising how RedBull managed the very poor winter test outcome they really are a lot better than one could hope for and it was a very realistic forecast to how Long it would take them to sort things out and be competitive...
this will not be 1988 again...

MOWOG

I recall just a few months ago, many of us, myself included. were absolutely convinced that half the field would fail to finish the race in Australia due to the unreliability of the new PU technology. I was actually a little bit annoyed when that didn't happen, as I had told lots of folks that it would. Oh, my..... :oops:

So, I'm not handing either championship to any constructor or any driver......yet. But it does seem ol' Lewis has his head down this year and is determined to make this his year. He sure LOOKS like a lock for the driver's title right now. But we know that the cars evolve constantly over the course of a season. There may be some surprises in store for us yet. So I will wait a few more races before putting money down on Hamilton or Mercedes. :-k
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

CHT
CHT

Rosberg will certainly bounce back when the race goes back to Europe. Hamilton.can be beaten. It will be a great season to watch how this two driver compete into the season.

It will be fireworks.and dnf for sure