Driver Excuses

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Re: Driver Excuses

sennaf1god.94 wrote:
MOWOG wrote:
good open discussion on these topics iron out views, when you are always in the company of like minded people you all think the same and can't envisage another persons point of view, the wonderful thing about friendly discussion is that it challenges your own beliefs and those open minded enough can adapt.
Wise words, JCF. =D>

They remind me of the famous quote from Dudley Malone, to wit: "I have never learned anything from any man who agreed with me." How true. 8)
And then not coincidentally appeared Andres125sx with his single minded "It´s all about Fonzo´s" World...

8)
btw, it´s pretty ironical you say this after that quote, we disagree but you don´t bother to reply or explain your point of view...

And then quote this??? #-o

Italiano
Italiano

Looking for driver excuses and moaning, we find no better man than JB.
BUTTON CHECKLIST

>Too much understeer [ ]
>Too much oversteer [ ]
>Tyres too hot [ ]
>Tyres too cold [ ]
>Tyres too rubbery [ ]
>Tyres too worn [ ]
>Other cars driving too fast [ ]
>Track too wet [ ]
>Track too dry [ ]
>It's too windy [ ]
>Team keep talking to me on radio [ ]
>Engine too loud [ ]
>My feet hurt [ ]
>Jessica was too rough last night [ ]
Last edited by turbof1 on 29 Apr 2014, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the obvious yet forgotten one
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

sennaf1god.94

I do prefer Button´s personal excuses (particularly all those related to his wife´s actions), than Vettel´s outsourced ones:
Helmut Marko wrote:"In Barcelona, Sebastian will have a new chassis, because sometimes even a small hairline crack can have large consequences,"
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

sennaf1god.94

And than it came...

FONZO´S CHECKLIST

2004: "Trulli is faster than me" (Team answer: "Let´s fire Trulli then")
2005: "What more I have to do?" (Team answer: "Overtake him.. but if you fail don´t worry, we´ll take care of him")
2006: "WTF is Fisi doing?... how on earth did he overtook me if we planed him to run over-fueled for the whole race?" (Team answer: "Fernando your are the best driver on earth, that´s why we took care of him afterwards")
2007: "I don´t feel confortable with my car no matter what we do with the setup" (Team answer: "both you and your rookie teammate have equal equipment, equal support and equal opportunity to win within the team, so please STFM")
2008: "We need more walls in this track, Nelsinho told me he was pretty much bored during the whole race" (Team answer: "Don´t worry Fernando, Bernie will dump it and bring more xciting street races for next year...")
2009: "Is that a Force India ahead of me???" (Team Answer: "Yes Fernando, now we can´t take care of Fisi unlike in the good old days")
2010: "It’s a shame, not for us because this is racing, but for all the fans who came here to watch manipulated races" (Team Answer: "Sorry to hear that Fernando, now let´s forget and focus into the next year...")
2011: "Buahh Buahhh Buahh Rinoo Slow" (Team answer: "Petrov is faster than you...now let´s focus into the next year")
2012: "Buahh Buahhh Buahh Yellow Flags" (Team answer: "Vettel is faster than you...now let´s focus into next year")
2013: "My plan is to do my race as best as I can and try to get some top three finishes to enjoy the podium party, I like the trophy and the champagne" (Team Answer: "RedBull is definetively faster than us...now let´s focus into next year")
2014: ....
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

turbof1

Ok we had our fun, but let's not get too personal.
#AeroFrodo

Italiano
Italiano

turbof1 wrote:Ok we had our fun, but let's not get too personal.
Jessica. :lol:

And you sennagod94, mine is a short list that mocks the man, taken from /sp at 4chan.
Last edited by turbof1 on 30 Apr 2014, 09:21, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Let's keep it civil shall we?
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Steven
Owner

Has any of you ever considered that drivers express their feelings without thinking about making excuses? I get the impression that some fans, or rather fans of other drivers, judge these explanations as a reason to bash drivers, to make it appear like they are constantly whining over something, while most likely they aren't. I understand though that's not a very sensational or popular point of view, but one much closer to the truth that what some want to believe.

Here's a question. Would you rather have everybody say "I did ok, the car was ok, nothing to remark. Any more questions?"

turbof1

Steven wrote:Has any of you ever considered that drivers express their feelings without thinking about making excuses? I get the impression that some fans, or rather fans of other drivers, judge these explanations as a reason to bash drivers, to make it appear like they are constantly whining over something, while most likely they aren't. I understand though that's not a very sensational or popular point of view, but one much closer to the truth that what some want to believe.

Here's a question. Would you rather have everybody say "I did ok, the car was ok, nothing to remark. Any more questions?"
There are quite a few members who take such a topic as an excuse to bash drivers. It's telling that the direct predecessor of this topic was inmediately flawed in this way, since the topic starter had criticism to every top driver, with the curious exception of one driver. The topic was doomed since neutrality was compromised from the beginning and a few pages later got locked.

The topic has been recreated by MOWOG who actually approached the subject from a neutral point. There are some cases were a driver actually has been giving excuses. Kimi is one those cases, where he always has issues with the steering. Lotus spend half a season to get it to his liking, and it's been said he has the same issue all over again. Kimi is very good driver, I'm not judging him on that, and I'm neither a fan or hater of him, but it does fit the term of "excuse".

That being said, the first 2 pages were actually quite good, and weren't directed most of the time to particular drivers. We've had comparisons between current and previous-era drivers, how bike racers relate to car racers and so on. Page 3 is also good in that regard, although it got a bit more personal on some drivers. Then we have page 4 with some mocking. I think in the context of humor it should be allowed, but there should also be limits.
#AeroFrodo

sennaf1god.94

SchumacherM wrote:mine is a short list that mocks the man, taken from /sp at 4chan.
Mine is completely original...taken from:

8)

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Andres125sx

-He´s got new tires, of course he´s quicker!

(When Vettel was unlapped by a Caterham)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS: BTW, I didn´t use bold text or quotation marks, but this is literal, not like some other quotes on this same page whose poster used bold text and quotation marks but modified the quotes to his thinking/liking :roll: