Hamilton Vs Rosberg 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Montyinct

Hamilton Vs Rosberg 2014

Hi everyone,

Just saw Vettel Vs Ricciardo thread and thaught it would be a good idea to have one about these two. ( if such a thread already exist, then sorry for waiting your time Mods).

Just want to know how people think they compare, to me it seems like Hamilton has a bit of an edge for now but have to wait and see if there is a trend.
So a bit early for any definitive answer IMHO, Hamilton i think is more comfortable in this year's car, but haven't out qualified Rosberg in dry yet although we only had one. But other than that Hamilton seems to have it sort of covered so far.

Would love to hear your thoughts .

beelsebob

Re: Hamilton Vs Rosberg 2014

There's really not much more to it at the moment. It's fairly clear that Hamilton easily has the measure of Rosberg just now. I don't really see that changing.

Tim.Wright

Not the engineer at Force India

Emerson.F

Lewis is outclassing him when both of them are in the race. But nico is still ahead. Reliability will be a major issue this season, so Nico might get lucky in the end with Abu Double. Lewis is a monster on Catalunya, i expect him to take pole with a massive gap. He's got a score to settle for 2012 and last year where he had a terrible race. You heard it here first.

Nico: still ahead in the championship 8)
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

MercedesAMGSpy

Emerson.F wrote:Lewis is outclassing him when both of them are in the race. But nico is still ahead. Reliability will be a major issue this season, so Nico might get lucky in the end with Abu Double. Lewis is a monster on Catalunya, i expect him to take pole with a massive gap. He's got a score to settle for 2012 and last year where he had a terrible race. You heard it here first.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... 02447c.jpg

Nico: still ahead in the championship 8)
Lewis is good at Catalunya, but I wouldn't say ''monster''. He is a monster at Montreal, Hungagoring, China. Nico is very strong in Bahrain, Monaco. Lewis is in a good position at the moment and it's up to Nico to change that.

Just_a_fan

Emerson.F wrote: Nico: still ahead in the championship 8)
He's had an extra race over Hamilton and he's only a few points ahead...or have you forgotten that?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

isuraeru

Is it me or this kind of threads always ends as the threads of the if's??

PlatinumZealot

Hmm.. I'll bite..

I think Rosberg is very quick over a lap, and he has a very analytical approach which sometimes is his befall.

The only way he can beat Hamilton this year is by finding more "perfect" setups when Hamilton doesn't and for more DNF's from Hamilton's side. Other wise the 'Berg has no major advantages over Hamilton so it will be very difficult to beat him with speed or racecraft.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Montyinct

n smikle wrote:Hmm.. I'll bite..

I think Rosberg is very quick over a lap, and he has a very analytical approach which sometimes is his befall.

The only way he can beat Hamilton this year is by finding more "perfect" setups when Hamilton doesn't and for more DNF's from Hamilton's side. Other wise the 'Berg has no major advantages over Hamilton so it will be very difficult to beat him with speed or racecraft.
Well thanks for taking a bite :D
Rosberg also thinks he is faster in the dry, maybe he is talking qualifying. I don't agree with him but I haven't seen enough to tell, I am sure he knows what he's talking about

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns27918.html?

Montyinct

Tim.Wright wrote:There are two threads on this already:

Here: http://forums.autosport.com/topic/19282 ... 4-part-ii/
and here: http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.ph ... on+rosberg
Tim.Wright, you are right.

I just thought it would be cool to have one here to find out what people think, since I enjoy reading posts on this Forum and have respect for their opinions.

johnsonwax

Last 10 laps of Bahrain was Nico's opportunity to prove he was faster in the dry, and he failed - with faster tires and DRS helping him. Lewis outqualified him last season and this, so I don't buy single lap pace being his advantage. Nico is a reliable finisher who tends to get setup right which is where Lewis loses points. But so far this season, Nico is getting owned badly. Lewis has not qualified behind anyone but his teammate. Nico has only done that once, and Nico only got close to Lewis thanks to the safety car.

We'll see if the european upgrades change things in Nico's favor.

Phil

I think nico will be very strong in Monaco. Not sure about Barcelona, could be close. Canada will be lewis, as i think that must be one of his strongest tracks.

It will be interesting to see how the mental aspect will impact both drivers. I think hamilton is under more pressure than nico - as a WDC, the rookie who beat alonso in his first year etc. He also came really close in 2012, but was let down by the car and team. He wants to win this year more tham anything and he knows it is his best chance yet. Nico on the other hand, is not a wdc, so defacto has less to prove. He can be beaten by lewis, and still take positives out of the races. I dont think it is as simple the other way around. Having said that, i think due to the pressure on lewis's side, a consistent nico could unsettle him a bit. Even a misfortunate DNF could add more unnecessary pressure on lewis that might cause him to overdrive the car.

My prediction:
- if lewis can pull away in the wdc by 20-40 points, either my consistently beating nico or nico suffering a DNF, lewis will maintain that lead or extend it. It will be difficult and only through own dnfs that nico will close that gap.

- if lewis gets another dnf and falls back behind by 20 points and then also gets beaten by nico in the subsequent race(s) (either by overdriving or thinking too much about the point tally) he will be even under more pressure. It will be difficult to close the gap. Nico, the analytical driver will be hard to catch. Even if lewis wins most of the races and nico comes in second, it still takes 4 straight wins to close the gap. Just one win inbetween will extend that to 5 wins. We are already a quarter into the season, so dnfs and gap in the wdc race will be crucial.

I think the edge goes to lewis, but that edge wont be enough this year. I also think that nico will have his tracks where he will be the stronger of the two and where it will swing back amd forth. As long as there are no DNFs, it will be close.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

SiLo

I'd hate to see the Championship decided on reliability and then cemented with this stupid double points race at the end of the season. I think Hamilton has the measure of Rosberg though and it will show more and more as we move through the year.
Felipe Baby!

kooleracer

I just think this whole who is better, is soley based on points. If Lewis didn't have engine troubles he would had won the first 4 races. The media is trying to make it interesting but Lewis has dominated Rosberg till this point. Bahrain was close because of the safety car without Lewis would have finished 5-10 sec ahead of Rosberg. Rosberg should have 72 point and Lewis should have 100, if look at MotoGP Lewis is Marquez and Rosberg is Pedrosa. Nico is good but not on the level of Lewis Hamilton which is no shame. We all know as fans that realistically Rosberg can't match the raw speed Lewis possess. We are seeing a different Lewis compared to the last 3 years, he is just on it this year and he has realized that this year is his biggest opportunity the win the WDC. As long nobody is challenging the Mercedes and Lewis doesn't have mechanical problems or a tire exploding I can see him winning the next 15 races honestly. Nico has still got hope because he is leading the WDC, if he had finished 2nd four times this season he would have mentally been defeated already. Also Lewis's tyre management seems way better then last year which a key point. As a fan i'm hoping of more thrills between the two drivers because battle on track are great to watch. Let's all hope that Nico finds something extra to close the gap to Lewis so that we can all benefit from it.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

ab_f1

Phil wrote:I think nico will be very strong in Monaco. Not sure about Barcelona, could be close. Canada will be lewis, as i think that must be one of his strongest tracks.

My two pence worth, Nico's strength last year in Monaco possibly was his ability to break later than Lewis. This year that may not be the case. So I think Monaco is also up for grabs.