Hamilton Vs Rosberg 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Kingshark

Re: Hamilton Vs Rosberg 2014

Kingshark wrote:Without misfortunes:

Hamilton lost 25 points in Australia
Rosberg gained 7 points in Australia

Hamilton lost 18 points in Canada
Rosberg lost 7 points in Canada

Rosberg lost 25 points in Great Britain
Hamilton gained 7 points in Britain

Hamilton lost 3 points in Germany.

All in all, without misfortunes, the championship would look something like this:

1. Lewis Hamilton - 215 points
= Nico Rosberg - 215 points

Both would have 5 wins and 5 second places.

This is, of course, making the following assumptions:

1. Hamilton would've beat Rosberg in Australia
2. Rosberg would've beat Hamilton in Silverstone and Germany.
3. Without Rosberg's slow 2nd pit stop, Hamilton would not have jumped him in Canada.
I swear, I did not read this article before writing this post:

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... mpionship/

:P

Harsha

Kingshark wrote: I swear, I did not read this article before writing this post:

I don't believe you
But seriously you got it spot on and shows how closely matched those 2 are

astracrazy

iotar__ wrote:Aaarg - He had a poor start because he had NO TELEMETRY. Nothing to do with a driver. Similarly you can say Hamilton had poor braking in Germany because his brakes fell apart.

BTW Why non-story safety car is an issue but preferential treatment that allowed Hamilton to start from the grid after changing car's specification is not considered conspiracy? Safety? Of course you can change it but start from the pitlane, it's your problem you chose component that's falling apart.
I think your trying to make something out of nothing because you obviously missed the bit where i said "with no telemetry". I was never questioning the reason why he had a poor start in the first place - a poor start is just that regardless of the reason. But still we are proving though that the car being superior has helped him as well as Lewis as some point this season.

Then you start getting silly. Do some research on the rules

basti313

astracrazy wrote: Then you start getting silly. Do some research on the rules
??? Even the guys from Redbull and Ferrari were astonished, that the rules can be interpreted like that...first the drivers and the team says they use Brembo instead of CI, because they are different and now the marshals say they can be switched in parc ferme because they are not. :lol:
I think the point is not bad at all. But I do not think it is worth the discussion, like the safety car it would not have helped/disturbed anything. The crucial point is still the destroyed front wing. This is the game changer regarding P2 or P3.
Don`t russel the hamster!

SiLo

The brakes could be exactly the same specification but feel completely different.
Felipe Baby!

basti313

SiLo wrote:The brakes could be exactly the same specification but feel completely different.
They were also talking about stopping power, not only "feelings".
Don`t russel the hamster!

mkay

Kingshark wrote:
Kingshark wrote:Without misfortunes:

Hamilton lost 25 points in Australia
Rosberg gained 7 points in Australia

Hamilton lost 18 points in Canada
Rosberg lost 7 points in Canada

Rosberg lost 25 points in Great Britain
Hamilton gained 7 points in Britain

Hamilton lost 3 points in Germany.

All in all, without misfortunes, the championship would look something like this:

1. Lewis Hamilton - 215 points
= Nico Rosberg - 215 points

Both would have 5 wins and 5 second places.

This is, of course, making the following assumptions:

1. Hamilton would've beat Rosberg in Australia
2. Rosberg would've beat Hamilton in Silverstone and Germany.
3. Without Rosberg's slow 2nd pit stop, Hamilton would not have jumped him in Canada.
I swear, I did not read this article before writing this post:

Except that Lewis was faster (and leading) in Canada, and was faster in Britain too. You could make a case for Austria, also (Lewis faster but screwed because of very slow pit stops - that is, if you make the case for Canada being ROS's win you have to be consistent and give HAM a shot in Austria).

Also, what about Germany? Lewis lost arguably up to 10 points if you consider that he was faster to Rosberg up to qualifying and had serious pace throughout the race.

The only GP where result is not debatable, IMO, is Monaco. You can make a case for both drivers in every GP after it...

Just_a_fan

basti313 wrote:The crucial point is still the destroyed front wing. This is the game changer regarding P2 or P3.
Agreed. With a 100% healthy car Hamilton would have finished in 2nd. I don't think Bottas would have held him off without the serious understeer Hamilton suffered in T2-4 leading on to the long overtaking opportunity.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

astracrazy

basti313 wrote:
astracrazy wrote: Then you start getting silly. Do some research on the rules
??? Even the guys from Redbull and Ferrari were astonished, that the rules can be interpreted like that...first the drivers and the team says they use Brembo instead of CI, because they are different and now the marshals say they can be switched in parc ferme because they are not. :lol:
I think the point is not bad at all.
I was more referring to the way the point was made. To say it was a conspiracy and preferential treatment it silly. They obviously proved they are the same. As i understand it the only difference is feel anyway.

Shrieker

@SidSidney,

How on earth can a driver's preparation have anything to do with the brake disc failing, or a hairline split in the side of a rubber tube that holds the spark plug ? These are most probably both manufacturing defects. To blame them on a driver is hilarious and makes you look bad.
Last edited by turbof1 on 23 Jul 2014, 22:29, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Let's try to keep it a bit more friendly
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

turbof1

This is getting out of hand... . It's the natural evolution of such driver threads to move to fanbloyant acts, so nothing unexpected there.

It's time to close the doors and move on.
#AeroFrodo