F1 tickets

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DVT
DVT

F1 tickets

Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I'm trying to get to the Austrian Grand Prix, and see most tickets are sold out already.
I can see some available, but does anyone know for sure if you can buy General Admission tickets at the gate, or, how to find out if this is possible?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

bhall

Re: F1 tickets

Welcome.

I'm not sure about tickets one way or the other. But, I'll tell you that you should probably be pretty sure you can actually get into the venue before you decide to make the trek, because CotA is so far removed, traffic is wretched, and parking is criminally expensive ($200, I think).

Tim.Wright

Austria =/= Austin =/= Australia
Not the engineer at Force India

bhall

Yeah, but CotA is still far removed, and making the trip does involve a lot of traffic and exorbitant parking fees.

(I never learned how to reed. :oops: )

idfx

You can buy of the official sites of the gran prix.
I don't have the complete list of the sites.
----------

idfx

The official site of the FIA.
http://tickets.formula1.com/
The information about gran prix of Austria (Spielberg) has not been updated.
----------

DVT
DVT

Thanks everyone,
I started at Formula1.com, and spoke to their Customer Service, they haven't had tickets available for Austria for a while now, they've sold out. But I have found other sites with tickets (i guess each organisation gets an allocation of tickets), I foolishly assumed you can always buy General Admission tickets at the gates, but i think i'm wrong, Austria seems to have sold out very quickly, i guess because its been off the calendar for a while!
Btw- what is CotA?
Thanks again