Standing starts after an SC Period in 2015, do you like it?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Standing starts after an SC Period in 2015, do you like it?

Yes.
16%
No.
70%
Maybe a bit.
14%

Total votes: 135

Dragonfly

Re: Standing starts after an SC Period in 2015, do you like

"Enjoying the fruits" is enough for the period from season start until the rest start to catch up (and the leader will definitely continue development). Otherwise it is simply determining the winner at the start of the season and cannot be called 'a sporting competition' because competition is 'frozen'. This year is a bright example of predetermined and 'frozen' domination.
Just like if an athlete recovering from a trauma is not allowed to train and improve his form for the following events.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

strad

I haven't read every page but can I assume someone has mentioned the danger and unfairness that one side would now be performing their restart on the dirty side with clag and marbles under their tires?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

flyboy2160

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! My head's about to explode after reading CW's account of how one team proposed this and all the others jumped on the bandwagon, thinking it was a great idea. I hope they get hoisted on their own petard with multiple pile-ups on several restarts that take out the BIg Team cars and allow the midfield and back field cars to win and to score points.

MOWOG

Not to worry, Flyboy. The rule can be rescinded at any time with or without the unanimous consent of the teams if there is a safety issue involved. We learned that after Silverstone last year, where the Pirelli tires starting grenading like mini Hindenburgs. :shock: Suddenly, everything changed, the sporting regulations were overridden and everyone was happy.

Well, everyone named Sebastien Vettel, anyway,

The same thing will happen next year, The standing start rule will be thrown out like yesterday's fish........

The week after someone gets horribly disfigured, maimed or killed. :roll:

And then there will be a rush to tell AMUS why everyone involved in Formula One thought it was a bad idea from the very start and how they were never in favor of it. Jean Todt, Bernie, Luca, Mateshcitz, Horner, Ron, Sir Frank and Toto have their statements condemning the rule change prepared already.

Just remember that all of them were fer it before they were agin' it. Sorta like the entire US Congress when it came time to vote on invading Iraq. :?
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

SectorOne

So safety-boy does not care about safety when it´s his own ego that comes up with ideas to "spice up the show"...
"Of course, it offends some people because it's not pure racing," he admitted. "It's been done for the show. Some people were even silly enough to say it's dangerous. Well, if it's dangerous, you wouldn't even have the start of the race, would you? I understand why some people might think it's too false as it's not what normally happens. But why not? I can't see any downside to it. It will provide more excitement; you seldom get any changes of position at a rolling restart, so this might provide an opportunity for changes in position. Some drivers may be worried of losing their lead, but then again other drivers might get a chance to gain something from it. I think it's an interesting idea. It's been approved. Now we've got to work on making it work."
http://www.pitpass.com/52023/Standing-r ... tings-idea

"Well, if it's dangerous, you wouldn't even have the start of the race, would you?"

Facepalm.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"