Post-FP3 parc fermé

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pingguest

Post-FP3 parc fermé

From 2015 cars will be deemed to be in parc fermé from the first time cars leave the pit lane. This will ceteris paribus outlaw any setup change to be made on Saturday. I fail to see how this will make the series more entertaining. I also think this regulation quite unfair: simulations will become even more important, particularly in case of rain on Friday and dry weather for the rest of the weekend.

What are your thoughts on this?

monsi

Re: Post-FP3 parc fermé

So will this mean that if the weather conditions are expected to change then the teams will simply not run in FP3 ?

Mamba

How can this save money and enhance racing? The FIA has really gone mad!

MAMBA

SiLo

I think that's incredibly unfair and I don't see how this gives anything to the sport. Idiocy.
Felipe Baby!

BanMeToo

It is a farce, on par with the standing restart rule.

Jonnycraig

I can see why they've done it, to increase the importance, and thus, running in FP1 & 2. As with everything else though, it's needless meddling.

Another step closer to what I suspect is the end game - 2 FPs on Saturday, qualifying Sunday morning & race Sunday afternoon.

Cam

I rather liked seeing the evolution of car performance over those sessions. It was also good to see new parts being tested and developed. Top tier motor sport, where you cannot test, develop or setup. Go figure.

At this rate of limitation, we'll end up seeing one car, once and running as is off the truck.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.