Ferrari Pulling out of F1 in 2014. LMP1 on the works!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sennaf1god.94

Ferrari Pulling out of F1 in 2014. LMP1 on the works!

After months of denials from Ferrari official sources... there had emerged the first lines of what could be the 2015 Ferrari LMP1 racecar.

Back in December Ferrari admitted that it was evaluating this year's energy-based LMP1 rulebook.
"We have won with the 458 GTE, but I also quite like the idea of racing at the Le Mans 24 Hours in the highest category,"
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said.
"Who knows, maybe one day we can return and win, say thanks and come home?

"Maybe we should give it some serious consideration..."
He added back then.

Reliable sources at Maranello have recently pointed out that Ferrari is seriously considering pulling the plug out of the F1 project and jumping ship to ACO sanctioned Le Mans racing, after the unfruitful meetings between Montezemolo himself and the FIA President Jean Todt over the direction of the F1 sport had left frustrated heads at Ferrari.

It has actually surfaced that engineers at Maranello have undertaken a high level approach to adapt its turbocharged V6 Formula 1 engine and its dual energy-retrieval systems to 2015 LMP1 rules, which are not far from current F1 ones.

While the combustion engine will have little changes, the energy system will see the most to adapt the PU to the 8 Megajoules of energy class, while current F1 PU can only store up to 4MJ of energy. It´s said that with these improvements on the energy side of the PU, the LMP1 PU power delivery would achieve in excess of 1.050bhp, when current F1´s are said to produce about 850bhp.

The line-ups for next year´s Le Mans have transcended to be just as it follows:
Fisichella-Alonso-Bruni. In the number 027 Car

Gene-Bianchi-Vilander. In the number 028 Car
Would you miss Ferrari leaving F1, or would you just jump ship as well???

:arrow:
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Re: Ferrari Pulling out of F1 in 2014. LMP1 on the works!

aren't these images just from some random artist?

Lycoming
Lycoming

Yup, it's just fanart.

Tim.Wright

I find it amazing that so many people here can't tell the difference between a styling study and a real racecar.
Not the engineer at Force India

NTS
NTS

sennaf1god.94 wrote:when current F1´s are said to produce about 850bhp.
In your dreams... I struggle to find anything on that post that's actually true.

AnthonyG

Misleading title
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

SectorOne

I don´t think Ferrari would be so stupid so as to arrive with a jumped up LaFerrari.
I´m not even sure why the thread is still up, there´s no facts, no real images, no nothing.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Greg Locock
Greg Locock

Some threads deserve to be voted down. This is one such. Speculation, some fanboi art, and a few quotes out of context are not news.

FrukostScones

Greg Locock wrote:Some threads deserve to be voted down. This is one such. Speculation, some fanboi art, and a few quotes out of context are not news.
it deserves to be deleted.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

sennaf1god.94

NTS wrote:
sennaf1god.94 wrote:when current F1´s are said to produce about 850bhp.
In your dreams... I struggle to find anything on that post that's actually true.
Ferrari F1 ICE produces +660bhp...(still way behind Merc)
Ferrari LMP1 MGU-H would add another +400bhp...
And Magic: +1050bhp

While the Toyota LMP1 PU productes in xcess of 1000bhp.

#-o

Actually the Ferrari PU was conceived for tripple use since the very begginning of its development: F1, LMP1 and road legal versions:

Guess what´s doing inside a LaFerrari istead of a A1GP Ferrari built cockpit???

:roll:
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

sennaf1god.94

acosmichippo wrote:aren't these images just from some random artist?
Nope, it´s from Danielle Pelligra.

:D

A designer that has been in contact with Montezemolo to show him how a Ferrari LMP1 would look... It has his name signed over the project for good reasons.

:wink:

Ayrton Senna da Silva

TzeiTzei
TzeiTzei

sennaf1god.94 wrote:
acosmichippo wrote:aren't these images just from some random artist?
Nope, it´s from Danielle Pelligra.

:D

http://img.motorpasionf1.com/galleries/ ... %20(3).jpg

A designer that has been in contact with Montezemolo to show him how a Ferrari LMP1 would look... It has his name signed over the project for good reasons.

:wink:
Had Monte really wanted to see what a Ferrari LMP1 would look like, he just would have looked at Audi/Toyota/Porsche and imagined they were red. There is a reason those cars look the way they do.

sennaf1god.94

TzeiTzei wrote: Had Monte really wanted to see what a Ferrari LMP1 would look like, he just would have looked at Audi/Toyota/Porsche and imagined they were red. There is a reason those cars look the way they do.
If you say the front splitter and nose of this concept is the same as a Toyota or Audi LMP1 (The Porsche is horrendous) then you are a fool without a single knowledge of design. Nor aesthetic´s

It´s a baseline render, as most of the car is actually illegal, starting from the front fenders, rear diffuser legality panels, etc...

But answer the questions... why using a GT car for development of a F1 engine???

Three birds one stone...

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Tim.Wright

sennaf1god.94 wrote:If you say the front splitter and nose of this concept is the same as a Toyota or Audi LMP1 (The Porsche is horrendous) then you are a fool without a single knowledge of design. Nor aesthetics
One could say the same about anyone who thinks design, styling or aesthetics have anything to do with engineering a racecar...

BTW, Daniele Pelligra (at least spell his name right ffs...) from what I can gather is just a design student. Far from being commissioned by Montezemolo like you have implied. He has drawn this himself, shown it to Monte at a recent Ferrari event and he liked it. How you have extrapolated that into "Ferrari are leaving F1 in 2014" is beyond any rational thought.
Not the engineer at Force India

sennaf1god.94

Tim.Wright wrote:
sennaf1god.94 wrote:If you say the front splitter and nose of this concept is the same as a Toyota or Audi LMP1 (The Porsche is horrendous) then you are a fool without a single knowledge of design. Nor aesthetics
One could say the same about anyone who thinks design, styling or aesthetics have anything to do with engineering a racecar...
You portrayed yourself correctly.

Engineering a car without rule constraints:

Newey

Engineering a car with big rule constraints:

Newey-RedBull

Same chap, different aesthetics...

Ayrton Senna da Silva