2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dren

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

Rossi is jumping out of Caterham.
Honda!

gavingav1

Fernado -visiting williams today,fernado to williams and bottas to ferrari?

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/stat ... 4840633344

Pierce89

gavingav1 wrote:Fernado -visiting williams today,fernado to williams and bottas to ferrari?

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/stat ... 4840633344
Felipe prays that you're wrong. If Fernando got a Williams seat, Felipe would have a mental breakdown.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

spadeflush

Forza Michael. Forza Jules

JimClarkFan

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good one williams

gavingav1

lol-that look on franks face

Racer X

Props to Williams :)
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

PlatinumZealot

Massa must have pooped his pants when he heard that!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

WaikeCU

I think Frank Williams is messing with our brains. Now that we laugh about it thinking: 'he got us on that', but really he has!

Cam

Mercedes wants driver duo 'til the cows come home'
It's a funny statement as I read it two ways. Mercedes is publicly saying they're happy with both drivers for ever and hence there's no need to look elsewhere, yet there has been a distinct lack of contract length talks.
"We have deliberately avoided saying just how long the contract is," he insisted.
I read that as saying that a position is still open, for the right situation. It kind of feels like one of those off handed comments directed, not at the public, but one driver. I cannot help but sense there is some back room negotiating happening and these statements are supporting those - otherwise, why not come out straight and close all the doors?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

PlatinumZealot

Because it will keep all the vultures away if he doesn't hang any meat outside his window.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Cam

ok... but he has "hung the meat out" by not clarifying the driver contract lengths, so I guess I was really asking - which driver was this statement by Wolffe, pointed too? Was it to Hamilton to say "you're not safe" or to Alonso to say "drop your price", as an example?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

CBeck113

The cows come home at the end of every summer...hmmmmm...

Mercedes knows that they are the strongest team, making them the most attractive team to drive for. This insures that they can pick and choose their driver, and get a bargain price to boot. This situation will last until the engine regulations are changed, or drastic changes to the car formula are made (i.e. not the FRIC ban). It would be quite foolish of them not to see what they could get, even when it means losing one of the best drivers on the grid - he isn't getting younger, but the competition is.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

SectorOne

CBeck113 wrote:This insures that they can pick and choose their driver, and get a bargain price to boot.
They don´t seem to have done that though.

Hamilton, three year deal worth an estimated 75 million euros. Contract ends in 2015
Rosberg´s new deal, also believed to be three years, is estimated at 55 million euros. Contract ends in 2017.

Both drivers are the same age.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

CBeck113

SectorOne wrote:
CBeck113 wrote:This insures that they can pick and choose their driver, and get a bargain price to boot.
They don´t seem to have done that though.

Hamilton, three year deal worth an estimated 75 million euros. Contract ends in 2015
Rosberg´s new deal, also believed to be three years, is estimated at 55 million euros. Contract ends in 2017.

Both drivers are the same age.
When tehy closed Hamilton's deal they weren't in the position that they are in now. And by giving Nico 18mil/ year they are definitely making a statement to the second driver, whoever it may be.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail