2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
turbof1

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

That's the issue: everybody is running news bits from weeks ago in circles. Not even the media knows when announcements will be made.

This could go on until the start of winter testing.
#AeroFrodo

ScottB

xDama wrote:Damn, this thread is becoming exhausting/slightly sad to read. I'm so fed up with the Alonso-silly-season... I hope ALO/Mclaren announce everything this weekend, so we can MOVE ON.
Pretty much, gone from discussing rumour to people just stating their wish with no basis in reality.

Hopefully Alonso announces his plans soon and it can be laid to rest.

Alexgtt

Let's get one thing straight, Hamilton is not leaving Merc. This year or next!!

The Alonso thing is getting to me also. Hope there's some announcement this weekend. Fred seems awfully smug about something that might be a game changer but maybe that's an act?

Thunder

Alexgtt wrote:Let's get one thing straight, Hamilton is not leaving Merc. This year or next!!
Not saying you're wrong, but how can you be so sure of that? And don't say it's the logical thing to do. This is F1... :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Alexgtt

:lol: Agreed, anything could happen but Merc want him and he wants Merc (as does everyone else). Simple.

emaren

Alexgtt wrote::lol: Agreed, anything could happen but Merc want him and he wants Merc (as does everyone else). Simple.
Mercedes would have a much quieter year without Hamilton. If they hired a lap-dog to support Rosberg, perhaps even a pay-driver, they would have a whole lot more budget to go even faster and there would be way less internal friction.

Arguably they have two number ones, this has never been a good idea......

I still think that Hamilton could leave if the last three races go pear-shaped. If Mercedes let him down, or favour Rosberg, and I think that this is what McLaren are waiting for. Alonso is available he might have signed letters of intent, he may have his legal team thrashing out the contract, but he has not been announced yet.

ScottB

emaren wrote:
Alexgtt wrote::lol: Agreed, anything could happen but Merc want him and he wants Merc (as does everyone else). Simple.
Mercedes would have a much quieter year without Hamilton. If they hired a lap-dog to support Rosberg, perhaps even a pay-driver, they would have a whole lot more budget to go even faster and there would be way less internal friction.

Arguably they have two number ones, this has never been a good idea......

I still think that Hamilton could leave if the last three races go pear-shaped. If Mercedes let him down, or favour Rosberg, and I think that this is what McLaren are waiting for. Alonso is available he might have signed letters of intent, he may have his legal team thrashing out the contract, but he has not been announced yet.
Hamilton is more valuable, more marketable, more appealing to the global audience. Who did Merc send to be on TV on the Today Show in New York? Exactly. People who don't follow F1 know him, and when Merc's presence is in part to build brand awareness and marketing, that's exactly what you want. No other driver has the name recognition beyond the sports diehards, conversely, Nico is probably a bit of a nobody.

I see their partnership much like Lewis' with Jenson was; Rosberg can match him on his day, and in a good car will do a good job, but leading the team on his own? You'd want Lewis.

Alexgtt

Hamilton is more valuable asset to Merc than Rosberg by far. All news is good news and Hamilton will keep you in the headlines. If he's winning and quicker, which he is, it's double win for Merc.

Miguel

I'm not sure if any of you has read this, but the silly season may be getting even sillier...

Alonso squeezing Ferrari for big severance payout
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

zeph

Miguel wrote:I'm not sure if any of you has read this, but the silly season may be getting even sillier...

Alonso squeezing Ferrari for big severance payout
Lol, I called it 20 pages ago:

zeph wrote:What if after things went south between Mattiacci and Alonso, Alonso said he'll just sit out his contract until 2016? :lol:

Then Mattiacci has a real problem, he can't fire Alonso or Raikkonen and has a pre-contract with Vettel! :lol:

Racer X

That situation seems very uncomfortable for the new Boss to be in...... let's hope he does not get himself fired real soon...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Manoah2u

new team boss & driver @ ferrari

Marco Mattiaci wrote: So where does that leave me?
Fernando Alonso wrote: There's room for a nanny at the restrooms, remember when we had a talk and the words "Mierde" came along?

Well, what happens in F1 next is anybody's guess to be honest.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

CjC
CjC

Something to tie in with the Audi rumours...
http://m.gpupdate.net/en/autosport-news ... this-week/
Just a fan's point of view

Manoah2u

CjC wrote:Something to tie in with the Audi rumours...
http://m.gpupdate.net/en/autosport-news ... this-week/
:) :)
"Inside the AUDI AG, Stefano Domenicali will be responsible for the development of new business areas in services and mobility, that are complementary to the existing activities of AUDI AG," said the spokesman.

"With his previous professional career, he has ideal conditions to support, in his field of activity, the successful internationalisation course of the AUDI AG."
Translation:

Stefano will run the upcoming F1 Audi team which will expand Audi's motorsport devision and will get Audi in the form of F1 to more international exposure in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, etc. etc. :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Richard

new business areas in services and mobility
Audi Wheelchairs?