2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
trinidefender

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

Manoah2u wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfIgmTr8CYQ

mentioned this video before, still funny :mrgreen:
Something else that is interesting I. This video is KM's face in the back. A big fake smile plastered all over it while it looks like he is thinking "oh s**t I am out of luck now"

CHT
CHT

Sasha wrote:What I'm hearing is Dennis and the other owners want different things.But the other owners hold the cards because they have the money and Honda's blessing.Dennis didn't find the funding to buy them out or a sponsor to pay the bills.Alonso would bring money to the team and Honda would pay his salary.

And Dennis doesn't want to go on gardening leave(back to Mclaren Auto).

The rumor is that Alonso's will not sign the contract unless Dennis doesn't have direct control of Mclaren Racing.

The other rumor is that Dennis is replaced on December 1.
I might not just be owners, it could be about signing up major sponsors with Alonso as being part of the bargain.

djos

Although I'm not a button fan, I do think a driver of his experience would be much better to pair with Alonso than a crash prone rookie during the McLaren rebuild phase.
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u

trinidefender wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfIgmTr8CYQ

mentioned this video before, still funny :mrgreen:
Something else that is interesting I. This video is KM's face in the back. A big fake smile plastered all over it while it looks like he is thinking "oh s**t I am out of luck now"
You mean Nico Rosberg? I don't see Kevin anywhere in the vid
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SunsAnvil

That's not KM at the back! Nico & Hulk are behind JB. But still JB has done what he needs to do to secure No. 2 with Alonso as No. 1. It's up to him if he will sign as a No. 2 or walk away. I like JB but he's not got what it takes to be equal to FA. On the other hand, he has raced against Fernando several times and doesn't crash into him (something needed for a team mate)!

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:I saw Button performing a donut as the ultimate proof he's not in F1 in 2015, unfortunately.
I must agree with you, a drive like Button doing this? its a big "bye guys", clearly.

I would like to see Button driving another season but its clear that Ron wants Kevin in the team, so the situation is clear.

Cant wait for the official statement, this is lasting too long.

I am not a supporter of Juan Carlos, but yesterdays comment was funny though I am sure that Alonso was expecting this.

lebesset

CHT wrote:
Sasha wrote:What I'm hearing is Dennis and the other owners want different things.But the other owners hold the cards because they have the money and Honda's blessing.Dennis didn't find the funding to buy them out or a sponsor to pay the bills.Alonso would bring money to the team and Honda would pay his salary.

And Dennis doesn't want to go on gardening leave(back to Mclaren Auto).

The rumor is that Alonso's will not sign the contract unless Dennis doesn't have direct control of Mclaren Racing.

The other rumor is that Dennis is replaced on December 1.
I might not just be owners, it could be about signing up major sponsors with Alonso as being part of the bargain.
if I was a sponsor I would want hamilton [ unless spain was my market ] ; compared to hamilton alonso is virtually unknown outside of motor racing circles , and most main sponsors aren't from motor racing
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

f1universe

ringo wrote:Here is what i think:

1. Alsonso wants Kmag as teammate or some other weaker driver. His contract demands that Button not be at Mclaren.

2. Ron wants Alonso & Button, but Alonso is not having any of it, hence to prolonged talks.

3. Alonso says he wants Button as teammate is really just a mind game to cover his true desires.

4. Alonso doesn't care about constructors titles. He cares about himself and always will. He has no need for a competitive teammate.

Sorry but this makes zero sense, Alonso wants a strong teammate, imagine 2010 and 2012 with a stronger teammate, he will be 4X champion. Autosport already reported that he wants Button because his exprecience, and Autosport don't report BS, they have direct line with McLaren.

This preconception of Alonso being scared is nothing but BS build thanks to the bad press he had in past years.

alexx_88

lebesset wrote: if I was a sponsor I would want hamilton [ unless spain was my market ] ; compared to hamilton alonso is virtually unknown outside of motor racing circles , and most main sponsors aren't from motor racing
How do you know that?

prince

Toro Rosso tipped to announce Sainz this week
It seems the journey in F1 as an active driver is over for JEV and Vettel's departure has given a lease of life for Sainz's F1 career.

alexx_88

alexx_88 wrote:
lebesset wrote: if I was a sponsor I would want hamilton [ unless spain was my market ] ; compared to hamilton alonso is virtually unknown outside of motor racing circles , and most main sponsors aren't from motor racing
How do you know that?
To correct that info: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/03/a ... uk-stakes/

Jonnycraig

prince wrote:Toro Rosso tipped to announce Sainz this week
It seems the journey in F1 as an active driver is over for JEV and Vettel's departure has given a lease of life for Sainz's F1 career.
As said a few pages back, it's been suggested that RB asked Sainz to being funding for a TR seat. It's clear they are not wild on him.

As for Vergne, whisper is that he is going to RB as third driver to replace Buemi who is off to Ferrari.

xDama

Ted Kravitz said JEV was negotiating with Williams as third driver.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

lebesset

alexx_88 wrote:
How do you know that?
how do I know what I would do if I was a sponsor ?
years in marketing taught me , in any case look at the big F1 sponsors now if you don't share my opinion
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be