2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
stefan_

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

Verstappen JR. in an F1 car for 2015 is simply unreal, guys. He might be good in F3 at the moment, but he has a lot more driving to do until he gets into F1.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

megz

Mumble, mumble, Kimi Raikkonen, mumble, mumble, 21 starts in a car prior to F1, mumble, mumble.

ScottB

megz wrote:Mumble, mumble, Kimi Raikkonen, mumble, mumble, 21 starts in a car prior to F1, mumble, mumble.
He was also 21

SectorOne

beelsebob wrote:Alternative theory to set the thread on fire - JEV gets promoted to RBR, Vettel gets the boot.
i actually did laugh out loud so thanks for that :)

i´m sure they won´t replace a 4-time world champion with JEV.
But i think JEV has done more then enough to prove that he belongs in F1, mid-field and up.
I always fancy a rain driver as well and he sure knows how to drive when it´s wet.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

WaikeCU

Grosjean and JEV at Lotus sounds good tbh.

Thunder

WaikeCU wrote:Grosjean and JEV at Lotus sounds good tbh.
Maldonado is already confirmed for 2015 by Lotus.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

xDama

Thunders wrote:
I'll be raging my eyes out if JEV gets the boot while Crashtor still drives F1. Goddamnit, there's so much talent waiting for the next couple of years... Vandoorne, Sainz Jr., Verstappen, Marciello, Frijns, ...
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

beelsebob

CocoJen wrote:There's no doubting the kid has ALOT of talent but putting him in an F1 car next year is ridiculous. He needs more experience.
I'm struggling to imagine what an alot of talent looks like.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... thing.html

Jonnycraig

SectorOne wrote:And JEV will be overlooked again, the guy who beat Ricciardo as a rookie.
A fabulous driver hampered by driving in an era where being over 6ft & 10stone leaves you at a distinct disadvantage. It was claimed at the time of his hospitalisation that even at his emaciated state, he gave away 4/10 to his teammate purely through the weight he couldn't shift.

Beat Ricciardo at every level coming up, embarrassed him in F1 in wet & changeable conditions but couldn't get within a couple of tenths in dry qualifying.

SectorOne

Now Tost say he needs a good result, although acknowledging he´s had some good runs like Monaco before the mishap.
Maybe he needs to move out of the Red Bull family to get the recognition he deserves.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

oT v1

He needs to keep nipping away at the points and make sure he finishes ahead of Danni Kvyat. The way people have been talking, and rightly so, he will go on to bigger and better things!

Could he just have the wrong passport? Goujon is top frenchy at the moment and there isnt much space for 2 representatives of the same country unless your German/English
The Power of Dreams

SectorOne

Vergne and Bianchi are the two real Frenchman in the sport. Grosjean runs under French flag for business sake.

notsofast

beelsebob wrote:
CocoJen wrote:There's no doubting the kid has ALOT of talent but putting him in an F1 car next year is ridiculous. He needs more experience.
I'm struggling to imagine what an alot of talent looks like.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... thing.html
This is the second time this year that an off-topic comment on F1T allowed me to discover something truly brilliant.

stefan_

It's official: Verstappen will drive at Toro Rosso alongside Kvyat in 2015.

And in other news, there are rumours about Andre Lotterer liked to a Caterham seat for Spa.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

FrukostScones

xDama wrote:
Thunders wrote:
I'll be raging my eyes out if JEV gets the boot while Crashtor still drives F1. Goddamnit, there's so much talent waiting for the next couple of years... Vandoorne, Sainz Jr., Verstappen, Marciello, Frijns, ...
you would take JEV over race winner MAL and his Millions... you fool. :mrgreen:
JEV might be a nice son in law but F1 is not for him.
and as you might noticed Verstappen will get his chance, as will Sainz Jr., Vandoorne maybe as well onyl Frijns is history as is Buemi... shame.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.