2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
timbo
timbo

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

oT v1 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Lotterer for Koba must be a joke, I had to re-check if it's not some other Lotterer, preferably son ;-). It's the dumbest thing in F1 since unwarranted, against reality Magnussen/Kvyat hype. Is someone backing him up, some personal connection? Racing is in a really tip-top shape when they replace someone good mid-season with a 33 year old LeMans driver. He must know a lot about fuel saving though.
What's wrong with Lotterer? He's very very quick, granted he won't be able to show it in a Caterham, but still...
I agree that Lotterer is not a bad driver. But replacing Kobayashi with him and keeping Ericsson is the lamest move if they hope to improve their results on track. I'd get it if they replaced Ericsson but not Kobayashi.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

timbo wrote: I agree that Lotterer is not a bad driver. But replacing Kobayashi with him and keeping Ericsson is the lamest move if they hope to improve their results on track. I'd get it if they replaced Ericsson but not Kobayashi.
Meh, they are both paydrivers at the end of the day. With Ericsson rumoured to bring access to the Toyota wind tunnel, that would obviously be more enticing than Kobayashi's cheques. It's no secret they were interested in Alguesuari over the winter, unfortunately he brings no money, no contacts and now has several paying drives.

knabbel

antsyd wrote:Has Verstappen tested an F1 car yet?
No, only the worldseries renault, he will give a F1 demo in 2 weeks in Rotterdam

gray41

Any news on taking over some FP1 sessions like Kvyat did at the end of last season?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

George-Jung
George-Jung

He probably already drove in the simulator?

ScottB
ScottB

George-Jung wrote:He probably already drove in the simulator?
He's only been in the Red Bull Programme for what, a week? Considering the simulator would have been shut down the last 2 weeks, it's possible they haven't... Unless they gave him a go during the negotiation phase, so even then, probably not a lot of time in one!

Itchy_digits
Itchy_digits

Well... It's official. Not really sure what I make of this one!

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/ ... t-caterham

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Itchy_digits wrote:Well... It's official. Not really sure what I make of this one!
Lotterer has driven Formula Nippon cars for over a decade along with Le Mans winning cars for several years, the guy is incredibly experienced at setting up cars and providing the requisite technical feedback. In Ericsson they will get a back to back on the new upgrades, and in Lotterer an incredibly experienced driver providing his feedback on the car.

Ultimately, Senna in his pomp wouldn't have gotten this Caterham into the points on pace alone so they require a solid driver who can help them progress car development.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

What does that mean for his seat at Audi? Giving up a seat in arguably the top Audi team in for a drive in the Caterham doesn't sound like a fantastic trade to me.

gray41

^^^

I think its a one off race weekend.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

PlatinumZealot

Yeah it is just for one race. It shows what lengths Caterham are willing to go to earn some $$$. Don't be surprised if you see Koba's seat whored around for the rest of the year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

megz

From memory a team can only field 4 drivers all year can't they? This was a headache in the past for Spyker (2007) and Ferrari (2009) IIRC.

raymondu999

That is indeed correct. They're allowed any permutation of those 4 drivers, but only 4 in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SectorOne

Now Chilton is out, Rossi in for Belgium.
Max Chilton is replaced by Alexander Rossi at Marussia for the Belgian GP
Englishman sidelined while 'contract issues' are resolved; Statement from management claims says Chilton 'volunteered' to sit out Spa race
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... belgian-gp
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ScottB
ScottB

SectorOne wrote:Now Chilton is out, Rossi in for Belgium.
Max Chilton is replaced by Alexander Rossi at Marussia for the Belgian GP
Englishman sidelined while 'contract issues' are resolved; Statement from management claims says Chilton 'volunteered' to sit out Spa race
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... belgian-gp
So is 'contract issues' a polite way of saying 'Daddy's money hasn't turned up this month' then?