2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Racer X

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

Its sad but perhaps true that Hulk like Di Resta and Sutil might never get a top team drive. Hes strong well rounded but he needs to get some podiums..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

adrianjordan

Racer X wrote:Its sad but perhaps true that Hulk like Di Resta and Sutil might never get a top team drive. Hes strong well rounded but he needs to get some podiums..
I think he would make a good No.2 driver if paired with someone like Hamilton or Alonso so that the team can be sure of scoring solid points towards the WCC...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mikeerfol

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... day-report
Alonso's contract contains a clause that opens the potential exit to the Spaniard if he is not within 25 points of the championship leader on September 1, according to sources.

f1universe
f1universe

mikeerfol wrote:http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... day-report
Alonso's contract contains a clause that opens the potential exit to the Spaniard if he is not within 25 points of the championship leader on September 1, according to sources.

Ferrari can't be that stupid.

RZS10

f1universe wrote:

If there is any team that could be that stupid it surely is Ferrari :lol:

I still think he'll stay, it's the option with the lower risk and higher chances of success

ScottB
ScottB

f1universe wrote:

Not Ferrari stupidity, more the strength Alonso had in their negotiations...

SectorOne

However, he has talked down rumours that he is set to leave Ferrari. “It’s not my intention at the moment to move, I want to win here and finish the job that we start some years ago,” he said.

“There has been a lot of talk since last summer but from my mouth there never came any interest to leave Ferrari or any words saying l would join another team.

“There was a lot of speculation, which is not disturbing but it created a little bit of tension and stress. Yet you also feel happy and proud that the best teams have an interest in you.”
http://richlandf1.com/?p=27709
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

andartop
andartop

Key words: at the moment
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

SectorOne

andartop wrote:Key words: at the moment
Key words: "I want to win here and finish the job that we start some years ago,”

He´s not gonna finish that job this year so judging by his own words it seems pretty certain that he´s not going anywhere soon.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ScottB
ScottB

SectorOne wrote:
andartop wrote:Key words: at the moment
Key words: "I want to win here and finish the job that we start some years ago,”

He´s not gonna finish that job this year so judging by his own words it seems pretty certain that he´s not going anywhere soon.
The truth is in the middle, at the moment, he wants to stay and complete what they started, but in the next 'moment' that could change.

Presumably he's happy to stay, hoping / expecting a better car next year, but if that won't happen, he could decide to leave...

SectorOne

ScottB wrote:Presumably he's happy to stay, hoping / expecting a better car next year, but if that won't happen, he could decide to leave...
At the end of next year yes. But right now it seems rumors and people who want to see what they want to see, the only thing keeping Alonso´s seat at Ferrari uncertain.

ScottB
ScottB

SectorOne wrote:
ScottB wrote:Presumably he's happy to stay, hoping / expecting a better car next year, but if that won't happen, he could decide to leave...
At the end of next year yes. But right now it seems rumors and people who want to see what they want to see, the only thing keeping Alonso´s seat at Ferrari uncertain.
Possibly, though I'm sure he will be keeping a keen eye on how next year's car and engine are coming, and looking for assurances. If he can't get them, and say, Mclaren are talking to him about how good the Honda engine is going to be, it could turn his head.

IMHO he will stay another year, then move, unless of course next year's Ferrari package is much improved. Moving now makes no sense unless he is absolutely sure that either the 2015 Ferrari will be another dog, or the 2015 Mclaren will be a title challenger. Knowing either of those things at this stage seems pretty unlikely, but by this time next year it'll be clear whether Ferrari are moving in the right direction, or if Mclaren have stepped up or not...

Racer X

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-261492.html

Juncadella might be the new man at Force India supposedly to replace Perez... That doesnt surprise me what surprises me is the claim of Sergio being in talks with other teams.. I wouldn't imagine any teams wanting him. At the moment other then Sauber...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

scuderiafan

"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

adrianjordan

Has Bernie been hacking his account?

I assume we know that that's an official account and not someone pretending to be Adam Parr?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️