Insane F1 crashes captured in photos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tomas6791
tomas6791

Insane F1 crashes captured in photos

Very scary to look at these pictures, I have a new level of respect for race car drivers.

from the article:
Insane F1 crashes captured in photos, thanks to our visitors we have some incredible photos of F1 cars at the moment of impact.

27 pictures in the gallery

Lycoming
Lycoming

Re: Insane F1 crashes captured in photos

I spy an indycar shot.

SectorOne

I spy two. Or is the second pic a champ car? I have no knowledge of american open wheelers.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

wesley123
wesley123

Both are IndyCars. The first one is the Dallara IR-05 and the second is the Dallara DW12
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Gaz.
Gaz.

SectorOne wrote:I spy two. Or is the second pic a champ car? I have no knowledge of american open wheelers.
It's a Dallara-Honda driven by Mike Conway at Indianapolis in 2010 for the Indycar series, on lap 199. Mike broke his leg in that accident.

For once google was my friend, mainly because of the unusual sponsor which led me to this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dad%27s_Ro ... ponsorship
:)

Edit- oddly the post above wasn;'t displaying when I started to write this? Probably a fault at my end/my eyes.
Forza Jules

Shrek
Shrek

I actually think both indycars are mike Conway at indy
Spencer

tomas6791
tomas6791

wow, you guys have good eye for the F1 cars.