Monza out after 2016?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

Monza out after 2016?

"I do not think we'll do another contract, the old one was a disaster from the commercial point of view," he is quoted as saying by the Italian media. "After 2016, bye bye!" he added.
http://www.pitpass.com/51930/Bye-bye-to-Monza

Am i bad person if i would not mind seeing Bernie pass away or be jailed?
Monza is one of those tracks you just don´t get off the calendar in my opinion.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Thunder

Re: Monza out after 2016?

Luckily we've got Azerbaijan coming, who needs Tracks with History.....? :roll: :roll:

Would be a shame if it was true.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mikeerfol

After seeing the 2015 rules, I don't think there's something that surprises me in F1...

bdr529

SectorOne wrote:
"I do not think we'll do another contract, the old one was a disaster from the commercial point of view," he is quoted as saying by the Italian media. "After 2016, bye bye!" he added.
http://www.pitpass.com/51930/Bye-bye-to-Monza

Am i bad person if i would not mind seeing Bernie pass away or be jailed?
Monza is one of those tracks you just don´t get off the calendar in my opinion.
Even if you were standing over his lifeless body with a blood knife, I still would not think of you as a bad person

iotar__

Thunders wrote:Luckily we've got Azerbaijan coming, who needs Tracks with History.....? :roll: :roll:

Would be a shame if it was true.
But Austria has "history" (and badly profiled corners) - so amount of historic tracks will be the same.

Guess whose idea standing starts were, Ecclestone's swan song hopefully. This Monza thing is probably some bargaining chip with Ferrari after F1 need changes meeting or track owners to squeeze more $$$. Monza is staying - there was similar talk about Monaco.

MOWOG

[sarcasm]
Azerbaijan with titanium plates sending showers of sparks in every direction will make you soon forget all about Monza, especially if it is a night race! \:D/
[/sarcasm]

Oh, and I would be happy to hold you cape will you stick the shiv into Bernie's ribs. :idea:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

BanMeToo

mikeerfol wrote:After seeing the 2015 rules, I don't think there's something that surprises me in F1...
Hahahaha the sad truth

Gaz.

I can't see him bumping off Ferrari's home race. Just Bernie stirring the pot for his own ends imo.
Forza Jules

beelsebob

Calm down guys, it's a ploy. It's just a plan to get a leg up on the negotiations to get a better rate next time.

scuderiafan

beelsebob wrote:Calm down guys, it's a ploy. It's just a plan to get a leg up on the negotiations to get a better rate next time.
I think he's trying to send the message to track-owners that nobody is safe, none of the tracks on the calendar are set in stone bar Monaco.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

wesley123

As long as it will be replaced by a Tilkedrome it is fine by me.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Scootin159

Ferrari wants Monza on the calendar. Ferrari is the one chip that has power over Bernie. Therefore, Monza will be on the calendar in 2016 (and every year before & after that), as long as Ferrari is in F1 (which is unlikely to change anytime soon).

It's all just negotiation techniques to try and get more money out of the Italian government's pockets and into Bernie's pockets.

However, if this drama continues long enough, it could have interesting implications on the 2016 season. Assuming the rules don't change before then (NOT a safe assumption), teams may have to declare their 2016 gear ratios before they know if they're going to be racing at Monza or not - which will be a big deal considering that Monza (and it's highest speeds seen on the calendar) is a huge influence in the current gear ratios chosen. If a team picks gear ratios expecting to NOT have a race in Monza, they will have a slight advantage all season long, but will take a HUGE penalty at Monza if the race does happen.

GitanesBlondes

You'll probably see mentions of Imola coming into play for the Italian Grand Prix. They upgraded to FIA Grade 1 with the intent of trying to get F1 back to the circuit for the San Marino Grand Prix again. Not sure if they've changed their mind on that, but they put in a lot of money to upgrade the paddock area.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

SilverArrow10

You just cant do that. What about the tifosi?? Its insane. Bet it wont happen like Bernie said there wouldn't be a british grand prix a few years ago. Its one of those races that cant be dropped.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

SectorOne

GitanesBlondes wrote:You'll probably see mentions of Imola coming into play for the Italian Grand Prix. They upgraded to FIA Grade 1 with the intent of trying to get F1 back to the circuit for the San Marino Grand Prix again. Not sure if they've changed their mind on that, but they put in a lot of money to upgrade the paddock area.
I would not mind that if they do what Germany does and rotate the GP´s.
That´s only good news because we get variation but still retain the venues.
bdr529 wrote:Even if you were standing over his lifeless body with a blood knife, I still would not think of you as a bad person
I´ll just sprinkle some crack over the body and make it look like a drug deal gone bad ;)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"