Renault F1 chief "retires"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SidSidney

Renault F1 chief "retires"

I've seen those kind of "retirement" discussions in another context:-

Management shake-up start of Renault's fightback against Mercedes

Less than a fortnight after Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner publicly blasted Renault's power units as unacceptable in the new era of F1, the president and managing director of Renault Sport F1, Jean-Michel Jalinier, is gone.

Renault said Jalinier had "decided to exercise his right to retirement for personal reasons".

His role has been split, with day-to-day management – the managing director's role – in the hands of Cyril Abiteboul, who returns from Renault customer team Caterham, which has been sold by Malaysian tycoon Tony Fernandes to a consortium of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors.

Jereme Stoll, a long-time Renault manager who most recently has been its chief performance officer, which amounted to being its global head of marketing and sales, will chair the French manufacturer's F1 operation, with Abiteboul accountable to him.
This signature is encrypted to avoid complaints, but it makes me laugh out loud:-
16S75 13E7K 41C53 7CT23 14O5O 67R32 76175 90B67 L4L42 41O63 72W56 98M10 52E87

henra

Re: Renault F1 chief "retires"

SidSidney wrote: Management shake-up start of Renault's fightback against Mercedes

Less than a fortnight after Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner publicly blasted Renault's power units as unacceptable in the new era of F1, the president and managing director of Renault Sport F1, Jean-Michel Jalinier, is gone.
Looking at the horrendous damage the performance of the current F1 engine does to the Renault brand regarding competency in modern/future automotive drive unit technology I could easily understand that. The current Marketing effect is far worse than not being in F1 at all.