Ferrari F2003-GA =VS= Mclaren MP4/18A

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Mclaren11 wrote:Many of you probably already know this but to answer a question asked earlier in the conversation the MP4/18's exhaust is very unconventional, at least for formula 1.They are placed at the rear diffuser to help dissapate the heat.

Now a question of my own, what does the MP4 in the MP4/ 1-18 series of cars stand for. I assume that the M stands for McLaren but I really don't know.
hey MP4 stands for McLaren Project 4 don't ask me why though!

the 2 cars are totally different. The GA is a completly new thing whilst the MP-4 18A is not is some ways, the nose is from the Leyton House GS models that Adrian Newey had designed in his early part of his career and the front wing is a copy fron Renaults R203 chassis. From the outside i see that the sidpods are different and new and thats probably why it has failed the crash test, but its not as new as peaople think.

The MP-4 18A is alot better than the F-2003 GA. i think it has problems becasue it is not getting enough attention, the MP-4 17 D (D meaning Developed) is still around.

akbar21881

the main difference is:

1)f2003ga is reliable and mp4-18 is terribly not.

2)f2003 is designed with calculated really well while mp4-18 does not

3)f2003ga used a proven technology while mp4-18 goes all radicall and end up dont know what and why went wrong.

4)mp4-18 is beautiful and f2003 is not

Skjar

Hello!

Nick Heifeild said on one testing: "I overtaked the new Mclaren easy. On straights is to slow." So here is the answer. The new Mclaren simply hasn't very big top speed.

Steven
Owner

akbar21881 wrote:4)mp4-18 is beautiful and f2003 is not
hehe! that's a good one :lol:
I agree with that totally.. well the mp4-19 will look more or less the same ;)

about the top-speed... it must be something with the engine then, becaue rumours said the engine would be a bomb, having more than 900 hp

bocaj
bocaj

What MP4 means

When ron Dennis bought Mclaren, he had a company called
Project 4..

So he merged the two names