FIFA banning Rosberg world cup helmet

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tomas6791

FIFA banning Rosberg world cup helmet

FIFA, the governing body of world football, "wants to ban" Nico Rosberg's special helmet livery for the German grand prix.

Full article

sennaf1god.94

Re: FIFA banning Rosberg world cup helmet

Then he should better ask a judge to ban the FIFA.

They are undermining Rosberg's liberty to celebrate his team's win as he considers appropriate.
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Hobbs04

So free sponsorship isn't ok? Don't a lot of people watch f1?

Phil

Take away the world cup trophy, problem solved! ...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Racer X

sennaf1god.94 wrote:Then he should better ask a judge to ban the FIFA.

They are undermining Rosberg's liberty to celebrate his team's win as he considers appropriate.
Who cares its FIFA ignore them!! jaja and yeah he should just write WORLD CHAMPIONS instead we all know what hes talking about 8)
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Shrieker

What a braindead move by FIFA...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

bhall II

I guess Nico forgot to toss a bribe in FIFA's direction.

turbof1

bhall II wrote:I guess Nico forgot to toss a bribe in FIFA's direction.
Maybe he should bite Blatter for that.
#AeroFrodo

langwadt

Hobbs04 wrote:So free sponsorship isn't ok? Don't a lot of people watch f1?
companies pay FIFA to use the FIFA marks in their marketing, if they let some use them with out permission they will
lose their value. The companies that pay FIFA to sponsor the Worldcup would probably start asking why others gets to do
it for free

That said they could have done it smarter like given Rosberg a license to use it, though that might get them in trouble with Bernie like when Kimis James Hunt helmet was seen as an unapproved ad for the James Hunt movie

mrluke

The world will be a better place once this copyright crap is dead.

iotar__

Banning it created more media attention and coverage that running it in the race so Rosberg made his point. Modify it without fifa stuff, what's the big deal.

strad

Car manufacturer Hyundai was behind a complaint about Nico Rosberg's proposed German grand prix helmet livery.

That is the claim of Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, on the day the German driver was reportedly instructed to change his celebratory helmet because it included an image of the famous world cup trophy.

HUH? What does Hyundai have to say about it?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Kingshark

Hyundai are FIFA's main title sponsor.

I guess that they didn't want to see the World Cup trophy on a rival car manufacturer (Mercedes).

Trailer23

I highly doubt that Hyundai can be considered a rival to Mercedes. Hyundai is more in the class of KIA.

Rosberg should've just gone ahaed on Race Day & worn the damn thing without announcing it. If FIFA would've opposed, it would've been after the race & Nico would've walked away with a "oops".

But I have a feeling that Nico is NOT gonna let it go that easily. I'm certain he'll find some loophole to make the German fans happy with something even FIFA won't be able to touch.

aral

tomas6791 wrote:http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.ph ... cup-helmet

FIFA, the governing body of world football, "wants to ban" Nico Rosberg's special helmet livery for the German grand prix.

Full article

I hope that you obtained FIFA approval for posting photo of a helmet displaying the World Cup!