Mexico GP 2015 Confirmed

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

Re: Mexico GP 2015 Confirmed

Racer X wrote:http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 16144.html

Mexican duo hail Mexico City's F1® return

Sergio Perez and his Mexican countryman Esteban Gutierrez both expressed their delight at the news that Formula One racing is set to return to Mexico City after an absence of more than two decades.
In other news, if you drop an object it will fall down.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

gray41

So which track does it replace?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

GitanesBlondes wrote:To get an idea of what the Peraltada looks like now compared to the early 90s...

http://youtu.be/8rrvRetsx2g?t=2m36s

They took away too much space on the side of the track between then and now.

Compare that to 1992...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lelNF_lkkBs

The safety nannies ruin everything as usual.
Can't help thinking that after that little shunt (by modern standards) Senna looked to be in pain - his movements in the car suggested he'd hurt his back at least.

Yes, safety nannies removing the risk of diver injury. Shame on them.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

gray41 wrote:So which track does it replace?
It could just put the GP count back up to 20 instead of 19.

Pierce89

From what I've read thePeraltalda is completely dropped for an infield section.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

GitanesBlondes

Just_a_fan wrote:
GitanesBlondes wrote:To get an idea of what the Peraltada looks like now compared to the early 90s...

http://youtu.be/8rrvRetsx2g?t=2m36s

They took away too much space on the side of the track between then and now.

Compare that to 1992...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lelNF_lkkBs

The safety nannies ruin everything as usual.
Can't help thinking that after that little shunt (by modern standards) Senna looked to be in pain - his movements in the car suggested he'd hurt his back at least.

Yes, safety nannies removing the risk of diver injury. Shame on them.
More like it takes out the element of excitement when tracks have endless runoff and Mickey Mouse corners.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

GitanesBlondes

Pierce89 wrote:From what I've read thePeraltalda is completely dropped for an infield section.
Yep, as usual the risk-aversion F1 has rears its ugly head once again.

Hard to believe this was once the same race series that actually was interested in pushing drivers and their cars to the limits.

IndyCar drivers have bigger balls than anyone sitting in a F1 car these days.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

strad

Do I once again have to post the videos from Button and also Hamilton expressing how after having huge shunts they now realize their car to be SO SAFE they can take even bigger risks?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

iotar__

strad wrote:Do I once again have to post the videos from Button and also Hamilton expressing how after having huge shunts they now realize their car to be SO SAFE they can take even bigger risks?
Do not post it. Is this F1's version of helmets cause more danger because of drives taking risks or sth like that? Like with HANS they just don't care about their neck whereas before they'd be slowing down knowing spine injury was certain? That of course completely ignores the fact that many, many serious incidents have little to do with drivers' choices and risks: mechanical failures, some random events etc. Like in case of Kovalainen 2008 (scariest IMO of the recent seasons) or Hamilton Germany. Who cares about those.

It's another interesting good-old-times syndrome aspect. Kind of schizophrenic approach of over the top mourning of dead heroes and laughing at every measure that would have prevented their demise.

GitanesBlondes

strad wrote:Do I once again have to post the videos from Button and also Hamilton expressing how after having huge shunts they now realize their car to be SO SAFE they can take even bigger risks?
This is something I've tried telling a lot of people, that the increase in safety actually creates an unsafe driving environment as the drivers believe there is no risk to what they do. Where a driver once would think carefully about the risk/reward of trying an overtake going into a corner where contact is a big risk, they no longer take this into account because there is zero danger to them...or there is a perceived zero danger to them. Once physics takes over, you can never be 100% certain.

At any rate, Hamilton at Hockenheim was a great example heading down to the hairpin when he had that massive lockup trying to outbrake 2 other cars, he wound up making contact there. All I could think, is that had that gone wrong in another era, he would have taken out two other cars plus himself resulting in who knows what.

Racing as a pseudo-combat sport occurred because of safety increases. Chop blocking, dive-bombing, etc. that's the legacy of too much safety.

MOWOG

So, you would suggest that Ernest Hemingway's famous statement should be amended in light of current experience?

"There are only three real sports in the world Motorsport, Bullfighting and Mountain climbing; all the rest are just games"

Considering that thousands now scale Mount Everest annually, perhaps the list has been pared down to just one? :wink:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

strad

To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Racer X

SectorOne wrote:
Racer X wrote:http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 16144.html

Mexican duo hail Mexico City's F1® return

Sergio Perez and his Mexican countryman Esteban Gutierrez both expressed their delight at the news that Formula One racing is set to return to Mexico City after an absence of more than two decades.
In other news, if you drop an object it will fall down.

Yeah it felt redundant but its relevant so i posted the link in case some one might want to read about that.
Last edited by Racer X on 30 Jul 2014, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Racer X

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-258574.html
Mexico could close next year's world championship with a 'double points' finale.

That is the claim of FIA vice president Jose Abed, who represents Mexico on the governing body's World Motor Sport Council.

Bookmark and Share

It was confirmed last week that, after a more than two decade absence, the sport is returning in 2015 to the iconic Mexico City layout, which is being renovated.

It will disappoint some, however, that Abed confirmed to Grupo Formula radio that the exhilarating Peraltada corner will be axed from the new F1 layout.

"Firstly, the old banked curve is too dangerous," he explained, "and the second reason is that we need to accommodate another 40,000 spectators."

But the 2015 Mexican grand prix could be spectacular for another reason, Abed revealed.

"Perhaps we will see the season finale in Mexico -- with double points," he said.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

strad

Wouldn't want racing to be dangerous,, or anything else for that matter. :wink:
Last edited by strad on 31 Jul 2014, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Stirling Moss