Nico Rosberg or Lewis Hamilton for the title?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who will win this years Drivers Title 2014?

Poll ended at 08 Aug 2014, 15:02

Lewis Hamilton
74%
Nico Rosberg
23%
or a surprise driver
3%

Total votes: 39

ReaNGamer
ReaNGamer

Its half way and Lewis and Nico have been at it at each other throughout the season so far, and I am wondering, who do you think would win this years F1 Driver Championship 2014? Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg? and do you think the title fight will go to Abu Dhabi with double points?

SectorOne

Re: Nico Rosberg or Lewis Hamilton for the title?

It depends on the technical failures of Hamilton´s car. If it goes like this then Rosberg will be champ.
If they cease i expect Hamilton to string together 4-5 wins and make the championship "boring", similar to what we saw early in the season.

Edit: feel free to downvote, i haven´t said anything of value.
Last edited by SectorOne on 29 Jul 2014, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SiLo

Agreed. I think it is a question of failures really. As long as they both have a good run until the end of the year then I think Hamilton will win it, but it won't be by much.
Felipe Baby!

Pierce89

I don't think we'll see many more failures, but I think Nico will win through less mistakes. Lewis could've done much better yesterday without tryig to knock the wall down.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

gray41

It will be decided in Abu Dhabi and be absolutely crushing for whichever driver loses out.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Shrieker

Hamilton would've sealed it before Abu if he had 1 less critical mech. failure out of the 4 he had. Looks like he'll have to wait until the final flag falls. Double points won't be a factor.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

iotar__

Rosberg - he's been faster in qualifying and handled pressure better, didn't hit the rock bottom like Austria qualifying and is due some Barcelona, Bahrain, Hungary, Austria treatment in his favour for a change.

Of course it's 50,001/50, they were rather evenly matched and far from perfect. It's going to be probably decided by some dubious change of policy by Merc mid race. [They have no policies and are making up as they go along]

vin1658
vin1658

Without mechanical failures Lewis will win with or without mistakes..
Last edited by vin1658 on 29 Jul 2014, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

Shrieker

iotar__ wrote:
Of course it's 50,001/50
The sum of your odds exceed 1 :D
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Gaz.
Gaz.

It could well come down to penalties for PU use, that fire has put an enormous dent in LH's quota, I'm under the impression that the fire consumed every component of the PU? He could well end up with another 20th place start in Texas and Brazil due to the technical penalties.

Still there is another half of the season left so anything could happen.
Forza Jules

mikeerfol

never mind, misread
Last edited by mikeerfol on 29 Jul 2014, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

iotar__

Shrieker wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
Of course it's 50,001/50
The sum of your odds exceed 1 :D
Believe it or not I noticed before sending. One is rounded

Jordan44

Gaz. wrote:It could well come down to penalties for PU use, that fire has put an enormous dent in LH's quota, I'm under the impression that the fire consumed every component of the PU? He could well end up with another 20th place start in Texas and Brazil due to the technical penalties.

Still there is another half of the season left so anything could happen.
They used old components, so no change to the quotas after Hungary. Lewis still on three of everything. I believe he has to use them in Belgium, then Nico and Lewis will go onto their 4th set of NEW components.

If Lewis gets clean runs in Q3, his extra speed should carry him to pole. That's all he needs to win the races. Repeat this four or five times and the championship is his.
Last edited by Jordan44 on 29 Jul 2014, 18:34, edited 4 times in total.

monsi
monsi

Yes

SectorOne

haha :) that reminds me of Bernie when asked, Silverstone or Donington :D
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"