Adrian Newey on quitting F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive

Re: Adrian Newey on quitting F1

acosmichippo wrote:
xpensive wrote:...xtracting only 600 Hp from a 1.6 turbo at 10.5 - 15 kRpm is nothing but pathetic, when it could easily deliver twice that.
Not when the engines have to last 5 races. Let's not forget that the 1.5L turbos in the 80's were dead after one race, and they even had separate qualifying engines. There is less sponsorship (no tobacco), and more GP's than the 80's. Costs need to be reduced, therefore higher part reusability, therefore fewer RPM's, therefore higher displacement. So the formula isn't a simple design choice, but an economic one.
That strategy doesn't seem to work, the 2014 engines more xpensive than ever, some 20 MUSD per season, totally insane.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

MOWOG

Yeah. Who knew saving all that money would prove to be so costly? :o

Actually, I did......
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

CHT
CHT

I suspect Adrian might be working on formula e project next year. The open championship concept should give Adrain plenty of room for his talent