ultimate WDC F1 / rally series

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
adriannewey9864

ultimate WDC F1 / rally series

i have an idea that would test F1 drivers skills to the max. İt is this:

have racing drivers from all competitions compete in various races that require different skills, for instance they have to drive on varying races consisting of rally, motorbike, F1 and endurance racing under the same team. They would vary the type of race each race weekend and maybe rules could be implemented that the same chassis has to be used for all race types apart from the motorbike racing.

Surely this would show each drivers talent and only the cream of the crop would succeed.

What are your opinions on this idea? =P~

AnthonyG

Re: ultimate WDC F1 / rally series

Wasn't this how the race of champions used to be?
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

adrianjordan

Will never happen, but sounds awesome!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

beelsebob

AnthonyG wrote:Wasn't this how the race of champions used to be?
Yep, this is pretty much exactly race of champions.

PlatinumZealot

Alonso's six tenths might just be enough for him to beat Kimi in a WRC car....
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SectorOne

Sounds eerily similar to Supermoto,
Supermoto or Supermotard is motorcycle racing on a circuit that alternates between three types of track: flat track, motocross and road racing, using motorcycles designed for that purpose. Supermoto was originally conceived as something like an all-star game, in which the best riders from the three separate genres of motorcycle racing could temporarily leave their normal race class to come together and compete for the title of best all around racer. Today supermoto is a distinct genre of its own and riders in the other classes do not routinely cross over into supermoto.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Andres125sx

PlatinumZealot wrote:Alonso's six tenths might just be enough for him to beat Kimi in a WRC car....
That statemente is missing a word at the end.... "too" :wink: :mrgreen:

adriannewey9864

yeah, it is like the race of champions except it is a championship over a period of time like an F1 WDC, and on different types of tracks, forgot to add hillclimb !

NathanOlder

Surely this would just give us the best all rounder. An F1 driver has honed his skills over his whole life to become an F1 driver. So He wouldn't give a rats ass about going round corners sideways or on 2 wheels. Both would be fun and appeal to them in some spare time, but not competitively.

At a Guess, surely Valentino Rossi would be a good bet for the king, as he has good experience in F1 and Rally cars, and is only a few tenths off the worlds best on 2 wheels. I seriously doubt any F1 or Rally driver would get within 2 seconds off him on 2 wheels. Rossi remember got within 1.5 seconds of Alonso in an official F1 test and was faster than Trulli, D.C and Mark Webber. I know it was in a Ferrari, so was a great car. But I seriously doubt an F1 driver could get on a RC213V and go quicker than the likes of Scott Redding, Pol & Aleix Espargaro.

So for me, the best thing I could ever imagine seeing, would be at the end of the season, after the Abu Dhabi GP, the monday after the race, the F1 boys are all given a GP3 car, and have a qualifying are race day. All the proceeds go to charity and we get to see the order of the field in unfamiliar cars and equal machinery. Everyone's a winner, except for maybe a few F1 drivers who think they are better than they are.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC