Parr says only eight teams next year, three car teams.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ted68

Parr says only eight teams next year, three car teams.

Adam Parr thinks three teams leaving next year.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one ... acingdaily
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

n_anirudh

Re: Parr says only eight teams next year, three car teams.

Sauber: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/exclu ... ber-456286

Caterham: C Albers out?

Possibly Lotus if Venezuelan oil money stops.

wesley123

The only one I'm thinking of is Caterham. Compared to other teams, they were the only one to not bring a monza-spec wing. Would suggest a lack of funds to do so.

Marussia, I'm not so sure, they are seeing progression and if their owners are committed this is just a time to keep pushing forwards.

It is interesting to see the tweet, when compared to 10 years earlier, it is cheaper to run for a year. They tried to have a 40 million cap, and seeing how it was seriously considered I think we can say you are able to run a team for that cost. We never saw Minardi do that(well, maybe in the 90s).

As of recently, teams have been bought by billionaires like Vijay Malija(or however you spell his name), Tony Fernandes and Richard branson too had a short venture. These businessmen want to see a return, either financially or by success, and so far, only Force India has been close to that. This need for return puts teams in danger because this businessman will just drop the team when things aren't successful, quick enough.

The lack of money from Big tobacco also took a big chunk out of many teams funds that isn't being filled by other brands, and there isn't really interest to put their brand on a car.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Hail22

Ok so lets say there is only eight teams for 2015 and that several of those teams will run three cars. This would be my theoretical team list for 2015: (just my humble opinion / fantasy pick)

Mercedes AMG Petronas:

- Lewis Hamilton
-Nico Rosberg
-Fernando Alonso

Infinit Red Bull Racing:

-Daniel Ricciardo
-Sebastian Vettel
-Jean Eric Vergne

Scuderia Ferrari:

-Kimi Raikkonen
-Nico Hulkenberg
-Jules Bianchi

Mclaren Honda "title sponsor":

-Kevin Magnussen
-Jenson Button (if he takes a pay cut)
-Stoffel Vandoorne
Last edited by Hail22 on 10 Sep 2014, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

NTS
NTS

On that list I would expect Kvyat to be with RB before Vergne since they already fired Vergne for 2015. And if Lotus goes under (with or without 3 car teams) I expect Grosjean to find a new seat since he is really fast in a better car and he probably doesn't cost that much :)

Chuckjr

I think Grosjean would be a better choice than Bianchi at Ferrari.
Watching F1 since 1986.

-Felix-

Why would James Magnussen change his profession from swimmer to racing driver? :lol:

Bazza

Hail22 wrote:Mercedes AMG Petronas:

- Lewis Hamilton
-Nico Rosberg
-Fernando Alonso
:lol:

The engine is great, but how long can Brackley keep up the momentum? Everyone knows what happened after Brawn GP won its championship - they got destroyed by the other teams who had written off that first year, and developed hard for year 2. I don't know if they can attract big-name drivers for multi-year contracts, even with Mercedes dough.

Gerhardsa

Bazza wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Mercedes AMG Petronas:

- Lewis Hamilton
-Nico Rosberg
-Fernando Alonso
:lol:

The engine is great, but how long can Brackley keep up the momentum? Everyone knows what happened after Brawn GP won its championship - they got destroyed by the other teams who had written off that first year, and developed hard for year 2. I don't know if they can attract big-name drivers for multi-year contracts, even with Mercedes dough.
There is a serious difference in budget between Merc and what Brawn had in 2009 to dev the 2010 car

alexx_88

The big question is whether the Daimler board is looking to spend more and more money to stay on top after winning the championships this year. Early signs suggest that they don't.

Pingguest

Three car teams have existed in the past, so did one car teams. I have no objections against it.

xpensive

Well, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, some 20 MEUR per season for the new engines, what the h*ll is this?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

wesley123

Can't confirm it, but afaik engines were more expensive than that 10 years ago.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

SiLo

Have you seen the publicity Mercedes have been getting form this year? They would be insane all of a sudden stop spending money if they can continue to win races. I see them in the press more than I see Kim Kardashian in the press now, which says something.

As much as they are probably hating having two drivers fighting each other, it's doing wonders for publicity and exposure, and its also fantastic for the fans!

I don't think Lotus will drop out, they have more money than the backfield teams and enough experience to sort their issues out. If they keep Maldonado they will get plenty of money as well.
Felipe Baby!

xpensive

wesley123 wrote:Can't confirm it, but afaik engines were more expensive than that 10 years ago.
That's not how I remember it.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"