Benchmark your own reaction-time!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

RZS10

Re: Benchmark your own reaction-time!

245ms avg for 5 ... two times ... but i'm recovering from a cold ... will be interesting to see if it has any impact on the test :D
247ms in the test with the sheep...

Hobbs04

230 avg so much for F1 for me.

strad

Get Jegs Christmas tree app. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Juzh

213ms 5/5. 25yo

turbof1

I tried again; yesterday I used firefox. Today I thought maybe google chrome would reduce "browser latency". Turns out it was around 50ms slower then firefox. I tried firefox again; 15 times averaged around 271ms with most tries fairly close to the average, but the last one was 195ms.

Mind that I use a TV set instead of a normal PC monitor, so perhaps it has its impact too.

oh yeah: I'm 24 yo.
#AeroFrodo

Juzh

yep. -30 on firefox.

strad

average on the tree .012
Jegs Perfect Start :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

henra

Interesting test!
Between 202 and 223 in 5 tries. 43. IE11.
Edit: Tried again with Firefox: Same range: Best 192, worst 243, average 209.

bauc

247ms average from 10 tries
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

RZS10

Can't get below ~250ms ... -.-
But I did a different test once ... It was a car interior with normal throttle and brake and a few lamps in front of the windshield at some distance. You had to press the throttle to keep "the car" at minimum 50 km/h ... and then one of the lights turned on and you had to do an emergency braking, it measured the time from the light going on to you touching the brake pedal and then measured the force you were able to apply resulting in a total stopping distance...

I got 330ms on average with 102kg or ~1kN of force (i just weigh 65kg and the result was better than for most that were def. heavier than me ...the ladies had the lowest results of the group ofc) ... distance got calculated at ~16m ...
So i really wonder why the result with clicking a mouse button is only 50ms faster than actually moving my foot off throttle and onto the brake :D OR i really just have very fast feet

timbo

There are many things which may influence your recation time. One tip -- do not focus on the picture, let your peripheral vision do work (not really turn away your eyes, just don't focus).
Out of various stimuli vision seems to be the slowest. In rfactor I learned to drop the clutch at siren, because hearing is around 50-100ms faster than vision. The perception of balance is faster too.
Also, we react faster to movement than to color change, so better results in the other game in this thread might be down to that, although the script might influence everything of course.

Kingshark

0.277 average. Best one was was 0.205, but my first one was very slow (0.325 because I wasn't paying attention).

turbof1

timbo wrote:There are many things which may influence your recation time. One tip -- do not focus on the picture, let your peripheral vision do work (not really turn away your eyes, just don't focus).
Out of various stimuli vision seems to be the slowest. In rfactor I learned to drop the clutch at siren, because hearing is around 50-100ms faster than vision. The perception of balance is faster too.
Also, we react faster to movement than to color change, so better results in the other game in this thread might be down to that, although the script might influence everything of course.
That's interesting. Is sound perhaps faster to process by the brain then visual?
EDIT: some searching delivered this:
http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_di ... isual_cues

Apperently, auditory signals require 8 to 10 ms to reach the brain, while visual signals take as much as 20 to 40ms.
#AeroFrodo

PlatinumZealot

On mobile i am getting 496 or so.
I think for sprinter it is an amerag of 140 ms to push out of the blocks at the sound of a gun. Anything below 0.1 seconds is jumping the gun.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏