Benchmark your own reaction-time!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tok-tokkie

Re: Benchmark your own reaction-time!

342. I am 70 on Chrome. Not using peripheral vision.

hollus

Is there any difference between pressing the mouse button and "releasing" the mouse button?
If I play with my finger in the air, I seem to be (I feel) faster at lifting it than at pushing down (bending it). Same way one is faster at avoiding an incoming object than at grabbing it, maybe? (instinctive reaction to hot objects and throwed weapons or fists?)
Lifting the mouse finger is the equivalent of releasing a lever in the back of the steering wheel, which is what they really do at starts, isn't it?
Rivals, not enemies.

lebesset

average 297....so how old am I , lol
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Richard

hollus wrote:Is there any difference between pressing the mouse button and "releasing" the mouse button?
If I play with my finger in the air, I seem to be (I feel) faster at lifting it than at pushing down (bending it). Same way one is faster at avoiding an incoming object than at grabbing it, maybe? (instinctive reaction to hot objects and throwed weapons or fists?)
Lifting the mouse finger is the equivalent of releasing a lever in the back of the steering wheel, which is what they really do at starts, isn't it?
I suspect it is the difference between tightening up to contract a muscle versus releasing a muscle. I imagine it's like a spring, it takes more effort to compress than release. Also the paddle is spring loaded so that'll help too.

strad

I would like to see your times using Jegs Perfect Start app on your phone. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss