Making F1 Driving more challenging

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GitanesBlondes

Re: Making F1 Driving more challenging

Manoah2u wrote:After what just happened.......is this even a point of discussion?
:lol:

A freak accident doesn't make it a norm.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

Manoah2u

GitanesBlondes wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:After what just happened.......is this even a point of discussion?
:lol:

A freak accident doesn't make it a norm.
well regarding the fact there were opinions ventilated these car's aren't 'dangerous' and 'too safe', i guess we've seen different now. Matter of fact, it just shows that in 'challenging' circumstances, these seemingly 'safe' vehicles turn into lethal killing machines. Yes visibility was bad and it was seriously wet, but, just with the slightest 'moment' they just 'go off' and it's eyes shut and hope for the best.....Perez' monaco accident comes to mind. Guiterrez getting flipped. Webber's takeoff course could have gotten a whole lot worse. And despite 'freak accident' bianchi slammed into the back of a 7-tons vehicle [that never should have been there], he still went off violently and it would have still ben a hammer of an accident if that recovery vehicle never had been there.

And if i look at how the tiniest error of a driver will result in them spinning or hitting the barriers (Hamilton in FP3, fe.), then i'd begin to think perhaps they might be extremely close to the limit. Which makes me wonder, despite I'd first thought more physical demanding attributes would be welcome (big tires huge power), and Lauda said it quite well in his Sky qualification interview, i'm wondering now if it's a good or bad choice to have the 'control or out of control' edge enhanced....is f1 too easy because of a exteremly talented 17 year old? but what would happen if it was made 'harder'....

the death of Ratzenberger and Senna in a single weekend (could easily have been 3 deaths including Barrichello, that was just inches from doom), was shocking and I never want to see that ever again - but things 'lead' up to that happening. Do we want to take away all the things placed to prevent this from happening again? is it neccesarily to 'slowly get to that point again' just because we have the false assumption F1 is for p*ssies today?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

strad

well regarding the fact there were opinions ventilated these car's aren't 'dangerous' and 'too safe', i guess we've seen different now
And just how do you figure that?
the death of Ratzenberger and Senna in a single weekend (could easily have been 3 deaths including Barrichello, that was just inches from doom), was shocking and I never want to see that ever again - but things 'lead' up to that happening. Do we want to take away all the things placed to prevent this from happening again? is it neccesarily to 'slowly get to that point again' just because we have the false assumption F1 is for p*ssies today?
You have quite the penchant for hyperbole.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Artur Craft

Couldn't find better thread to post this so here it goes:
http://en.f1i.com/magazine/10320-mark-w ... again.html

I salute you, Mark =D>

PlatinumZealot

Sort of an off topic but this was my proposal i did in 2012 to make Formula 1 driving more challenging..

"3D driving"

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=14411

Think of FRICS but controlled by the driver...
The driver has complete freedom to adjust the suspension stiffness in reaction to what he feels at any point in time for any duration. It is similar to active damping on road cars except 100% the control is from the driver.

The system can be ignored by the driver, but when it is used it opens up a higher capability of car performance - if the driver is skilled enough to access it. Its there is the driver wants.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏