Who at F1T actually contacted Ferrari?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
GitanesBlondes

Re: Who at F1T actually contacted Ferrari?

It's not an opinion. ;)

I don't complain probably because there's nothing really interesting about his articles, that makes me want to click on them.

Well actually I stand corrected, that's a complaint. ;)

Point is, in a sea of various journalists, pseudo-journalists, and other dime-a-dozen wannabes, when it comes to F1, you really have to have something interesting to say to make it worthwhile reading. Simply regurgitating news that can be found across dozens of F1 news sites isn't all that interesting.

Even the high priests of F1 "journalism" have become little more than PR mouthpieces for all of the teams in F1, as well as the FIA. Everyone wants access to the gravy train of the F1 circus, and as such, they don't want to rock the boat lest their access suddenly be curtailed. The NFL has that problem. There's about 5 "journalists" who are anything but, and act as the official propaganda arm from which all proclamations are issued outwardly. The message then tumbles down the food chain from Mount Olympus. Where F1 lacks on the media side, is of strong opinions that actual challenge the usual accepted manner of thinking.

Whether one gets an official response from Ferrari is not at all a big deal as it's going to be some vanilla flavored response. Only if one is easily impressed by trivial matters, will they be taken with such things. I've had all manner of dialogue with book publishers and authors, and you know what the one thing is every one of those interaction has in common? They're totally unremarkable. Once the initial novelty wears off, it's business as usual, and your pulse doesn't budge an inch above its usual rhythm.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

turbof1

xpensive wrote:
turbof1 wrote: ...
Though I don't see just anybody getting answer from Ferrari. Even news sites like ours will have problems to extract something, anything from them. Any individual not in the name of a news site will never get answered in the first place.
Which is perhaps why some members get suspicious when reading articles like that, thanks for your input turbo!
Could you please stop taking things into isolation? Again, Balazs contacted Ferrari in the name of f1technical, Steven has confirmed this because all the emails also got forwarded to him, and he got answer from them. Nothing suspicious; my answer was to GB who feels he could do a better job. Maybe he can, maybe not, but unless he's being connected to a public group like Balazs, he'll fail to get answer from them and the only thing he or anybody in the same spot could write about is how Ferrari doesn't asnwer. That's simply how Ferrari works, and it used to be worse.

The message you should get out of it, is that Ferrari deems it worthy to answer. It's not a big deal since again they'll never say something juicy, but it's better then nothing.

@GB: It's business as usual indeed, so let's also leave it at that :wink: . No need to write papers about it.
#AeroFrodo

xpensive
xpensive

turbof1 wrote: ...
Again, Balazs contacted Ferrari in the name of f1technical, Steven has confirmed this because all the emails also got forwarded to him, and he got answer from them.
I fail to see the argument here turbo, Balazs contacted Ferrari and got a standard "press release" response, which is what I suspected and you have confirmed with the quote below? Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

The fact that the article is poorly written is another matter.

"Ferrari probably has a standard draft lying around, so anybody who's ask roughly those same questions, gets the same reply, maybe with some words changed."
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

strad

Argue over anything won't you
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

BalazsSzaboF1

Dear members,

I would never make up a story just to lure more readers. I directly contacted Renato Bisignani, the senior press officier at Ferrari
I was also in contacted with Ferrari's deputy press officier, Roberta or other team's press officiers. You may have read my article about Jack Aitken which was also written with the involvement of the driver himself.
By the way, Balazs is my first name. I teach mathematics, German and English and have been writing articles for years despite only being 24 years old.

Regards
Balazs

Andres125sx

GitanesBlondes wrote:It's not an opinion. ;)

I don't complain probably because there's nothing really interesting about his articles, that makes me want to click on them.

Well actually I stand corrected, that's a complaint. ;)

Point is, in a sea of various journalists, pseudo-journalists, and other dime-a-dozen wannabes, when it comes to F1, you really have to have something interesting to say to make it worthwhile reading. Simply regurgitating news that can be found across dozens of F1 news sites isn't all that interesting.

Even the high priests of F1 "journalism" have become little more than PR mouthpieces for all of the teams in F1, as well as the FIA. Everyone wants access to the gravy train of the F1 circus, and as such, they don't want to rock the boat lest their access suddenly be curtailed. The NFL has that problem. There's about 5 "journalists" who are anything but, and act as the official propaganda arm from which all proclamations are issued outwardly. The message then tumbles down the food chain from Mount Olympus. Where F1 lacks on the media side, is of strong opinions that actual challenge the usual accepted manner of thinking.

Whether one gets an official response from Ferrari is not at all a big deal as it's going to be some vanilla flavored response. Only if one is easily impressed by trivial matters, will they be taken with such things. I've had all manner of dialogue with book publishers and authors, and you know what the one thing is every one of those interaction has in common? They're totally unremarkable. Once the initial novelty wears off, it's business as usual, and your pulse doesn't budge an inch above its usual rhythm.
Ironically, that´s what I was thinking after reading your post

xpensive
xpensive

BalazsSzaboF1 wrote:Dear members,

I would never make up a story just to lure more readers. I directly contacted Renato Bisignani, the senior press officier at Ferrari
I was also in contacted with Ferrari's deputy press officier, Roberta or other team's press officiers. You may have read my article about Jack Aitken which was also written with the involvement of the driver himself.
By the way, Balazs is my first name. I teach mathematics, German and English and have been writing articles for years despite only being 24 years old.

Regards
Balazs
I think I got the picture now.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

MOWOG

So, let me understand this......Balazs is The Mole, despite being only 24 years old? :?: Bit of a precocious lad, eh? 8)
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.