Did DC diss the BBC?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mattchu

Did DC diss the BBC?

Sorry for posting this pretty trivial question at a time when a driver is in a really bad way, i`m really hoping Bianchi pulls through [-o<

Anyway i missed the Japan Grand Prix live on Sky as i`d had a rough night before and i`d also shut down the box so it didn`t record. Then when i went to watch the replay it wasn`t on (obviously at the time i didn`t know why).
So i ended up watching the BBC`s re-run which was on around midday. Towards the end of the race when they kept showing the graphic of Sutil`s car, et, etc, i`m sure i heard David Coulthard say off mic "What the hells going on with the BBC, the`ve seriously lost the plot" or words to that effect, before coming back on mic properly.
I also heard a few other mutterings from him (i think) which he didn`t think were being broadcast. Am i the only one who heard this or am i going completely mad(er) :?

If he did say it he`s right though, the BBC are nowhere near the level of Sky when it comes to coverage...

JimClarkFan

Re: Did DC diss the BBC?

I didn't hear that but I did hear him asking what was going on

i70q7m7ghw

I disagree about the coverage overall, I think the BBC get better interviews, more of them and ask better questions. HOWEVER, it does seem the guys in the comm box were not being told what was going on and I can imagine DC might have been getting a bit annoyed about that.

Gaz.

Diesel wrote:I disagree about the coverage overall, I think the BBC get better interviews, more of them and ask better questions. HOWEVER, it does seem the guys in the comm box were not being told what was going on and I can imagine DC might have been getting a bit annoyed about that.
I'd put the interviews from the driver pen higher with the BBC but nothing else. EJ clearly has some good contacts and able to get some superb on the hoof interviews but that sadly happens once or twice a season.

I think DC has a point that no-one in their production crew noticed Bianchi's car was not active on the track. What I don't understand is why it took FOM so long to put the Bianchi ID up on screen unless perhaps they wanted to tell his team first how serious the situation was? FOM stopped using the cameras near the Dunlop curve for a couple of laps before the safety car was deployed and everyone had a sense of dread before Sky noticed the Marussia & FOM put the ID on screen because of the camera views and the way FOM were cutting between them- if you get where I'm coming from.
Forza Jules

adrianjordan

Gaz. wrote:EJ clearly has some good contacts and able to get some superb on the hoof interviews but that sadly happens once or twice a season.
I love the BBC coverage, but boy-o-boy does EJ manage to pivot everything back to himself.

It's okay Eddie, I don't think fans will forget that you used to run a team, you don't need to constantly say things like "When I was running a team" etc...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ScottB

adrianjordan wrote:
Gaz. wrote:EJ clearly has some good contacts and able to get some superb on the hoof interviews but that sadly happens once or twice a season.
I love the BBC coverage, but boy-o-boy does EJ manage to pivot everything back to himself.

It's okay Eddie, I don't think fans will forget that you used to run a team, you don't need to constantly say things like "When I was running a team" etc...
Praising Beenie at every opportunity like a sycophantic schoolgirl gets a bit tiresome too!

Richard

You're posting from the UK, so replay it on iPlayer if it's that important to you.

People say a lot of things in the workplace that wouldn't be broadcast. So if you heard it right you've just seen inside a normal workplace when things get heated and people can't find what they're looking for.

IMHO Sky's sole purpose is to fill their time on air, which in turn wastes our time on earth. They're experts at spinning nothing into a story, then starting a debate by a bunch of pundits as if something is important when it's actually nothing.

A bit like this thread.

Not any more.