Schumacher Accident and GoPro

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
strad

Schumacher Accident and GoPro

Have you seen where they are saying that Michaels skiing accident was worsened by his GoPro mounted on his helmet?
I don't see it myself. Any thoughts?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

J.A.W.

Re: Schumacher Accident and GoPro

Post M.S.'s Go-Pro crash vid up - if you have it - Strad.

Then we can all have a view of - if he was hot-doggin' it - too hard..

Highly doubtful that the G-P hardware - in itself- would contribute to extra brain damage,
- unless it was punched through both his helmet & cranium, & if so, the G-forces were big..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

SiLo

Probably find the mount was punched through the helmet, and without it, might not have happened. That's my guess.
Felipe Baby!

Richard

I've only seen speculation about the camera mount, I don't think its ever been confirmed as a factor?

If so, then I can imagine a scenario where the mount might have resulted in a concentrated load that lead to a crack in the helmet. That might reduce the capacity for the helmet to absorb the impact.

turbof1

I believe, I'm not sure, but I believe I readed somewhere that his son told this.
#AeroFrodo

zgred

At this GoPro stock price cliff you can find Metro article mentioning Jean-Louis Moncet made the claim after speaking to the driving champion’s son, Mick.

That thing is repeated in many places but without details.

Michael Schumacher’s head injury caused by GoPro, French journalist says
news.com.au wrote:“The problem for Michael was not the hit, but the mounting of the Go-Pro camera that he had on his helmet that injured his brain,” Moncet told a French radio station.

London’s The Telegraph reported earlier this year that the GoPro may have been an issue.