The Ferrarimania thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Belatti

Re: The Ferrarimania thread

bhall II wrote:
It looks better in white, if you ask me. (I know that's a bit sacrilegious.)
It looks a lil bit miami vice to me :lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

xpensive

The 1969 612 CanAm, Chris Amon's shitbox;

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

mkable1370

xpensive wrote:Bertone only got one shot at Ferrari, I wonder why?

http://www.simoncars.co.uk/dino/slides/ ... 0front.jpg
Maybe not the most beautiful, but still holds a special place in my heart. A yellow GT4 (a lot like the one below)
was the first Ferrari I ever saw in person as a kid, around 1980 at an IMSA event at Lime Rock Park in CT.
Great memories!

bhall II

I'm a bit surprised no one's mentioned the 250 GT California Spyder yet. I think it's one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Then there's the elegant 612 Scaglietti. Criminally underrated.

Belatti

bhall II wrote:I'm a bit surprised no one's mentioned the 250 GT California Spyder yet. I think it's one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Then there's the elegant 612 Scaglietti. Criminally underrated.
The 250 is a beauty, right!

The 612.... I fell the same way as when I see a Jaguar, a Maseratti or an Aston Martin: a fast car for an old man.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

Belatti

Wanna beauty?

It only needs the removal of the mirrors...

xpensive

The 1971 Ferrari 712 CanAm;

xpensive

The Ferrari 637 Indycar, mindboggling when you think about what could have been;

Sombrero

Ferrari 350P4

xpensive

The 512S, notice the spare in the front, all in order to back up the 25 car homologation;

Italiano

Let's not forget any modern day Ferraris, guys... the 458 Italia is a thing of utter beauty. :oops:

#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Andres125sx

Morteza wrote:#24 Ferrari 330 P4 - 1967 24 Hours of Le Mans - Team: Equipe Nationale Belge - Drivers: Willy Mairesse - Jean Blaton

http://s3.postimg.org/9xl0jnx42/1899692 ... 4136_o.jpg
I just had to do a search to post some more pic of this beauty =P~

It is so unique it looks unreal, like a cartoon car
I can´t imagine how shocking it would be watching this thing live in the 60´s :wtf:

Not the best rear end tough
Last edited by Andres125sx on 15 Nov 2014, 18:15, edited 2 times in total.

Andres125sx

SchumacherM wrote:Let's not forget any modern day Ferraris, guys... the 458 Italia is a thing of utter beauty. :oops:

http://www.armedcats.net/image/view/AZ6DSyVQBGk2VJOd
One of my favourite modern cars, I love it at any angle

The bonnet is a simple piece of art, and the lights surrounding it with those little air intakes are beautiful
The drop water shape is amazing
The part wich goes from the side door to the back is simply hot
It can be seen here too, but it´s on the previous picture where it´s better appreciatted. It is hugging the car
And the rear end, even when it´s not that beauty, the three exhausts, the diffuser...

Yes I love it :mrgreen:

Manoah2u

if you want something, REALLY special?

here you go, doubt most of you know the existance of this pristine beauty - i'd cut out one of my ribs with a spoon and break it with my bare hands if i could have one of these.

1971 Pontiac - Ferrari Pegasus

This one-off beauty was made on special request and desire of Bill Mitchell back in 1971, and features an actual Ferrari V12 engine out of a 365 GTB/4 Daytona, offered by Enzo. Car enthusiasts will recognise it was built on the base of a 2nd Gen GM F-body, but obviously crafted into something 'italianized'. The engine originally was coupled to a 3-speed auto transmission which was not suitable for the Ferrari powerplant so a 365GTC/4 5-speed transmission. The engine was fine-tuned by Luigi Chinetti's race team.
The 3,834 pound Pegasus accelerates like a Ferrari Daytona with an extra passenger aboard, and maintains wheelspin in 3rd. It handles similar to any normal 1971 firebird/trans am with leafsprings - which wasn't that bad actually, since the 2nd gen F-body did handle pretty good for US-built sportscars; obviously handling of same-era factory ferrari's were a load better.

The candy-apple red Pegasus Concept has gold-tone pinstriping and chrome, Randy Wittine-designed pinstriping, Ferrari V-12 drivetrain, and many modified styling elements. The design was courtesy of stylist Jerry Palmer, who created the initial sketches in the early 1970s.

To make room for the engine, the firewall was moved back nine inches, and left no room for the air conditioning system. Under the forward-hinged hood lay the red-headed four-cam engine. The air cleaner was mounted to the hood, which guaranteed nothing would block the view to the engine while the hood was open.

Inside, little of the original Firebird trim was kept. There are Ferrari-spec Veglia Borletti gauges, new wood-trimmed center console, and even a Ferrari shifter. Custom leather bucket seats were fitted, resembling those found in similar Italian cars of the time. There is a Ferrari fuel filler mounted to the rear deck and the car rides on Borrani wire wheels.

It had a modern interpretation of the classic pontiac taillights used in the Firebird, Transam, GTO, LeMans,
and other models; the triple-stripe pattern. It recieved a full-round wrap rear window which would be used in later GM F-body editions.

It was actually used in the 2014 Transformers : Age of Extinction movie [heracy!!!]

One particular thing about it though; you don't want to have a flat tire with this one. As one can imagine, it's not an easy task getting the spare out of the 'trunk'
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

xpensive

Another oddball, stylish then - horrible now; The 1980 4-door Ferrari Pinin concept car.