The Ferrarimania thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Morteza

Re: The Ferrarimania thread

For no particular reason I really like the Ferrari P4/5. I especially like the back of this car. It looks badass :mrgreen:

It also had a Competizione version:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

xwz
xwz

Morteza wrote:For no particular reason I really like the Ferrari P4/5. I especially like the back of this car. It looks badass :mrgreen:

(...)

It also had a Competizione version:

(...)
That's my favorite of the contemporary ones. I find it quite rare that a sportscar offers beautiful, clear-cut aesthetics, while actually featuring decent aerodynamics as well. (better than the Enzo that it's based upon.)

Can somebody provide information as to why Ferrari distinctly distanced themselves from the P 4/5 Competitizione, and refused to sell parts for it, even after Luca di Montezemolo had been so positive about officially naming the original one/off build a "Ferrari" ("Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina") a few years before?
Was it to protect their own cars from competition on track, or is there some other background to it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_P4 ... ininfarina

CBeck113

I really like the 456 - and at the moment it's probably the most affordable Ferrari 12 cylinder you can buy (not keep, of course).
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

santos

Found this recently... it's based on the 328GTS and developed by a german guy.

Miguel

turbof1 wrote: Technically still a concept, but Ferrari did confirm 6 of these will be produced: Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio
http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/ ... lery_5.jpg
Aha! So that's the Ferrari I saw in the Knightsbridge dealership that got me completely clueless last month... Even more badass than the Bugatti Veyron I'd seen an hour before.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Manoah2u

it looks like a modern interpretation of the Mythos, which is a good thing.

some more amazing Ferrari concepts, i think this is the most beautifull style Ferrari did at the very end of their designer language which changed completely shortly afterwards [ i like the current ferrari's, but they're so different ]

Ferrari Rossa

and perhaps the most beautifull

Ferrari GG50 [by guigiaro]

that rear is gorgeous, could have done with just a slight 'spoiler lip' smoothed out with the top of the trunk and fenders at the back, in essence extending the lines and curves of the car [ imho, the trunk or back looks a bit 'chopped' or 'pushed' ]
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

oh and before i forget;

there's something strikingly beautifull about a yellow F40

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Andres125sx

Emerson.F

Yes james had Pinifarina design his Ferrari Enzo a new Chassis that was inspired by his P3/4
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

strad

First win..José Froilán González, the mpas Bull
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

xpensive

Enzo and Phil Hill, in better days I might add;

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Andres125sx

xpensive wrote:Enzo and Phil Hill, in better days I might add;

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qqphiZ4SiQ8/U ... l-Hill.jpg
Not style wise, look at Enzo´s trousers, they almost reach his underarm :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

xpensive

Say what?

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Andres125sx

:lol: :lol: :lol:

btw, upvoted the previous one, it´s too good for such an old pic =D> Where did you get it?