Best F1 driver pairing ever?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive

Re: Best F1 driver pairing ever?

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

MOWOG

How 'bout Jack Brabham & Denny Hulme..
That pairing gets my vote. =D> Although I think Stewart/Cevert might have been their equal if Cevert had lived. :cry:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

J1sgj

Suprisingly ! Mansell and Patrese was'nt a bad one !!!

mikeerfol

Button-Alonso

:twisted:

marcush.

and what about these two?

Just_a_fan

Easy. Fangio and Moss. Probably the best and second best drivers ever. In probably the best car of its era.

Interesting that none of the "the old times were the best" guys haven't flagged this pairing up... :shock:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

MercedesAMGSpy

Hamilton-Alonso and Senna-Prost.

Manoah2u

Best F1 driver pairing is a hard choise, because effectively, you could argue that having 2 drivers in the same team clashing with eachother is not the best driver pairing.

that would thus eliminate the pairing of Senna and Prost, Vettel and Webber, Hamilton and Alonso, Hamilton and Rosberg,
Mansell and Piquet,

how about Mansell and Patrese?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

kooleracer

Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard was a really good pairing for McLaren. No big fights and two guys who worked professionally and always with the team in mind. I think for a team dynamic that is the best pairing in modern day formula 1. I think Vettel and Raikonnen will be the best driver pairing, because both guys are focused on themselves and already have a great relationship. Also both now how to develop a championship winning car. Ferrari will flourish with that pairing, both have a similar driving style and both know what they want from a car.

Last edited by kooleracer on 28 Oct 2014, 22:07, edited 2 times in total.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

marcush.

Just_a_fan wrote:Easy. Fangio and Moss. Probably the best and second best drivers ever. In probably the best car of its era.

Interesting that none of the "the old times were the best" guys haven't flagged this pairing up... :shock:

C´mon these two would have been my dad´s choice ..when i was a kid .the Heros were Ronnie , James and John Whatswrong.

so maybe one of the alltime great driver pairings have to be John and Niki

Just_a_fan

marcush, that's partly my point - most people will choose the guys they looked up to when they were younger and just getting in to F1 / motor racing.

The real issue is that the OP didn't define what "best F1 driver pair" means. In one way, it means the best two drivers ever - hence Fangio and Moss. In another, it means the best for the team, or the best for the fun of the fans etc.

It's yet another fairly meaningless thread really.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

notsofast

I'll add my vote for Hakkinen/Coulthard. No drama.

J.A.W.

Just_a_fan wrote:marcush, that's partly my point - most people will choose the guys they looked up to when they were younger and just getting in to F1 / motor racing.

The real issue is that the OP didn't define what "best F1 driver pair" means. In one way, it means the best two drivers ever - hence Fangio and Moss. In another, it means the best for the team, or the best for the fun of the fans etc.

It's yet another fairly meaningless thread really.

Fair point, the definition of 'best' really ought to be delineated by more than..
.. which drivers get the top photographer to make 'em look Hollywood-like..L.O.L...

Unless.. ..your pick is 'Dick Dastardly & Mutley'.. hihihihihihih....
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

lebesset

Just_a_fan wrote:Easy. Fangio and Moss. Probably the best and second best drivers ever. In probably the best car of its era.

undoubtedly , 2 of the 4 best ever drivers , a no brainer
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

PlatinumZealot

No love for karthikeyan - Senna? They have been teamates across many categories. Synergy like no other when these two are tearing up the track.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏