VW Enters.................

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kudryavchik

Re: VW Enters.................

Porsche was creating its team and designing 919 for 4 years.

Audi made steps by steps - they have experience under current format.

Toyota has presented and was working on the concept from 2011, so it takes a huge amount of time and money to make competitive car.

kudryavchik

Also, Doctor Helmut Marko have taken his words about abadnonning f1 if redbull wouldn't receive audi engine back

FW17

Audi foray discussed by Strategy Group

Ralf Bach, a well-known German-language paddock correspondent, wrote on his blog f1-insider.com that Audi would only consider a foray if there is engine rules stability.

Jonnycraig

AMuS say that Bmw are entering LMP1 in 2017 so you can officially abandon any hopes of Audi in F1:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/moto ... 54787.html

ChrisF1

WilliamsF1 wrote:Audi foray discussed by Strategy Group

Ralf Bach, a well-known German-language paddock correspondent, wrote on his blog f1-insider.com that Audi would only consider a foray if there is engine rules stability.
Which has just been announced...

Manoah2u

Jonnycraig wrote:AMuS say that Bmw are entering LMP1 in 2017 so you can officially abandon any hopes of Audi in F1:

and why does BMW in LMP1 '17 mean there will be no Audi/VW in F1? :roll:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

ChrisF1 wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:Audi foray discussed by Strategy Group

Which has just been announced...
+2.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

FoxHound

Latest report from reuters news agency suggested Audi are not interested.

"F1 needs to solve it's problems on it's own" Stadler has been quoted as saying.
Last edited by FoxHound on 18 May 2015, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
JET set

Jonnycraig

Manoah2u wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:AMuS say that Bmw are entering LMP1 in 2017 so you can officially abandon any hopes of Audi in F1:

and why does BMW in LMP1 '17 mean there will be no Audi/VW in F1? :roll:
But late now as they've already confirmed what I said, but leaving their highly successful LM programme and allowing a direct rival in BMW an easier run would be a catastrophic business decision.

bhall II

FoxHound wrote:Latest report from reuters news agency suggested Audi are not interested.

"F1 needs to solve it's problems on it's own" Stadler has been quoted as saying.
I think that further highlights the stupidity of giving manufacturers a significant role in the development of the regulations. Since everything an automaker does is motivated by its own bottom line, they tend to be fickle creatures, and their ideas aren't always compatible with the best interests of the sport.

In particular, Audi has already displayed a willingness to pursue concessions and then walk away.
ESPN wrote:"The initial decision from the engine working group was for a four-cylinder turbo to be introduced for 2013," said [Adrian] Newey. "The big driver behind that was Audi. They said they would come into the sport if there was a four-cylinder turbo, and that's what everyone agreed in order to get Audi in. They subsequently decided that they won't bother after all, thank you very much, and we were lumbered with a four-cylinder turbo."

FoxHound

Oh I agree Ben,

But there does need to be 2 way dialogue when Regs are dreamt up.
And Audi using it as an excuse not to enter suits them right now.
I think the real reason is how far behind Red Bull are of Mercedes (ie... not just the engine), and Renault's public lambasting by Red Bull... And Marko's incessant foot in mouth issues.

Come to think of it, Audi have dodged a bullet IMO.
JET set

bhall II

I dunno. I'm a big fan of the ACO's style of rulemaking for Le Mans, which pretty much offers manufacturers a take-it-or-leave-it proposition. It seems plenty attractive to automakers, too.

FoxHound

bhall II wrote:I dunno. I'm a big fan of the ACO's style of rulemaking for Le Mans, which pretty much offers manufacturers a take-it-or-leave-it proposition. It seems plenty attractive to automakers, too.
I would say the current problems stem from short sighted rule makers.
The V6 engine embodies just that. Now which panel of buffoons wanted 33% smaller engines WITH sound deadening turbo's AND no mandatory sound levels?

The manufacturers may be to blame for the engine, which in itself is not the issue. But the governing body mandates the rest of how they go about it.

I think of the FIA now as I do the old cricketing gentleman's club. Stuffy, full of hot air and archaic thinking with an obstinate hate of change. Maybe, Bernie's business model is to keep yes men in the FIA to influence decision making... I say maybe, tongue planted firmly in cheek. I think it's a near certainty he has stooges in positions there.

The whole thing is cock eyed.
JET set

wesley123

bhall II wrote:I dunno. I'm a big fan of the ACO's style of rulemaking for Le Mans, which pretty much offers manufacturers a take-it-or-leave-it proposition. It seems plenty attractive to automakers, too.
There's quite a bit of lobbying going on in the equalizations, although ACO does seem to be more in setting up their own rules and then adjusting it for the manufacturers.

Afaik in '06 the rules were altered to significantly Audi and their Diesel, and more recently the diesel received quite significant cuts to equal performance with their Petrol-fueled competitor(and now competitors).
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender