The Ayrton Senna memorial image thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: The Ayrton Senna memorial image thread

Do you get commission for opening new threads or something? :wtf:

xpensive

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

GitanesBlondes

"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

Belatti

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Belatti

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

Belatti

timbo

xpensive

Vettel Maggot

One of my favourite Senna shots, Adelaide Grand Prix.

xpensive

rohit1594

Manoah2u

DAT PHOTO.

wow. apart from having senna in it....that is one mighty beautiful shot. any chance on a much higher resolution version?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sulman

Something that always impressed me about him was his demeanour from such a young age. Have you seen the footage of his interview during testing in 1983? He's just a kid, and yet he utterly determined and highly articulate.

He was fascinating to listen to, and I'm sure that contributed in no small part to his legend.

munudeges

I always have incredibly mixed feelings about Senna. Do I think he was a God? No. Do I think he was the greatest driver ever? No. Do I think he was stupidly and unnecessarily reckless when racing? Yes, and that's over and above what other drivers were doing.

What impresses me most is how he was off-track, and if he could have remained that way when he was racing and simply let the talent do the talking then I think he would have been even more successful. The best drivers only got better when they relaxed and were totally confident in their ability. If it's not me then it's the car. I think he was some way on his way to doing that that when he was killed.

Listen to the way he talks in that video. Brabham, Williams, etc. etc. haven't come up with an offer he likes! He doesn't need an agent or someone else handling his affairs, he knows exactly how he wants things to be even as a driver who hasn't been in Formula 1 yet. He might well have sacrificed some immediate success early on in Formula 1 because of that attitude, but he did it all on his own terms.

Senna, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Piquet, Villeneuve, Peterson, Cevert, Clark, Fangio etc. etc....... They were odd characters. You might say I'm looking through rose tinted glasses but we just won't see their like again because they were products of their environment. Even if some of them were rich they had to do it off their own shoulders.

GitanesBlondes

He received $5 million to drive for Lotus in the 1985 season. For a single season, he was paid more than most top athletes on the planet from what I can tell, and he had yet to win a grand prix.

He wound up at Toleman because for as much as Frank Williams and Ron Dennis wanted Senna for 1984, they didn't have a seat for him. It was more of a formality to let him test.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet