How to fix F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

Re: How to fix F1

Manoah, so your telling me I shouldn't watch something that I have loved and obsessed over for 30+ years just because I don't like the direction the sport is heading in? Sorry, but it is a bit hard to walk away, maybe that day will come, but I will keep watching, Average Joe that is not a member on a F1 forum, who doesn't follow it as keenly will not however if things stay the same. Then say goodbye to F1. It will just become like IRL a few years ago.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I'm not saying that, i'm saying it's highly hypocritic to completely bash and hate on F1 and Bernie whilst we tend to forget F1 was hugely different before he and Mr. Mosley turned it into what it is today, or what it was in the 2000's. There's always the 'f1 was better in......F1 is crap now.....gimme back the v8. gimme back the v10. gimme back...."

Who paved the way for the Schumacher era being as it was? was it Balestre? :lol: or was it Mosley and Ecclestone who 'redesigned' F1 to have it become the racing class that it is back then and now?

So raise your hand if you think F1 was better in the previous format with Vettel and RedBull winning and winning and winning and winning? Did people not desire for a change?

so now we have change, and again it's not good.

I know a quote from a movie that's fitting "Are you not entertained?"

So Bernie is a man that has dirty hands and not incorruptable and basically bribes himself out of jail?
Let's see about Sepp Blatter. I think Bernie would have clean hands in comparison to Sepp.

in other words; Negativity overflow.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dans79

Manoah2u wrote: so now we have change, and again it's not good.
I have no problem with the technical changes. The only people I know that don't like the technical changes are the "back in my day...." folks, and they are never happy, and will always find something to complain about.

What I don't like is the stupidity that Bernie has started to show more and more of in his old age. Double points, Saying 70 year olds are who he should be targeting...........
197 104 103 7

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: so now we have change, and again it's not good.
I have no problem with the technical changes. The only people I know that don't like the technical changes are the "back in my day...." folks, and they are never happy, and will always find something to complain about.

What I don't like is the stupidity that Bernie has started to show more and more of in his old age. Double points, Saying 70 year olds are who he should be targeting...........
But the fact remains Bernie is actually right about his words.

Double points makes this season exciting till the last race; that is exactly the original intention. So if you'd concider; it's a brilliant move of Bernie.

And he says 70 year olds are the target because all these old blokes have the money and will to spend it on what F1 advertises. A 'rich' kid is not gonna buy a rolex because he saw F1. a rich kid doesn't even watch F1.
A rich kid wants a speedy car with cool rims and have nicki minaj on his birthday party.

Most of the youth doesn't watch F1 like the youth of the 80's and 90's did but that's mainly because there was less to choose from.

So frankly, Bernie really isn't that stupid at all.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dans79

Manoah2u wrote:
But the fact remains Bernie is actually right about his words.

Double points makes this season exciting till the last race; that is exactly the original intention. So if you'd concider; it's a brilliant move of Bernie.
artificial crap as far as I'm concerned.
Manoah2u wrote: And he says 70 year olds are the target because all these old blokes have the money and will to spend it on what F1 advertises. A 'rich' kid is not gonna buy a rolex because he saw F1. a rich kid doesn't even watch F1.
A rich kid wants a speedy car with cool rims and have nicki minaj on his birthday party.
And what happens when the target audience dies, yea that's right no more fan base, because you never pulled them in when they where younger....
197 104 103 7

mrluke
mrluke

Im sorry but saying he's not as corrupt as...... is not a defence.

Corruption & Bribery has no place in modern business.