Negativity and Haterism trend....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

Re: Negativity and Haterism trend....

giantfan10 wrote:Proper racing? funny.
How is that funny? How can you call yourself a racing-fan and then ignore all of the tremendous racing this year?
giantfan10 wrote:do you know why mercedes let hamilton and rosberg race??? because they knew that nobody could touch them under normal circumstances.. they knew that regardless of what happened either hamilton or rosberg would end up winning the race..do you actually honestly believe mercedes would have the same response if ferrari and red bull were on par with them? nope
Who cares?
What did we get? Two guys tooth and nail for the championship or no racing?
And you´re somehow complaining?
giantfan10 wrote:the only hope any other manufacturer had of winning a race was mechanical failure by mercedes or some wierd safety car stuff...that actually explains away the 3 red bull wins...
Wait a minute, you´re telling me that in a prototype championship where everyone builds their own car and their own engine, some cars have been quicker then others through the years? My gosh.
Never heard about anything like that before...
giantfan10 wrote:the 2014 season was a flat out joke and watching a race to see who comes in 3rd through last is of no interest to most fans.
Except to racing fans i guess who witnessed brilliant racing up and down the field all year long.
Very few races were actually boring to watch. More or less the same races everyone thinks are boring every single year.
giantfan10 wrote:there were no restrictions placed on teams to copy or create there own technology to beat the red bulls and ferraris in their dominant eras
You´re talking about the regulations Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault together came up with years before the formula was introduced?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dans79

giantfan10 wrote: the 2014 season was a flat out joke and watching a race to see who comes in 3rd through last is of no interest to most fans.
oh and fyi before u bring up schumaker and vettel... there were no restrictions placed on teams to copy or create there own technology to beat the red bulls and ferraris in their dominant eras
I would call the people who don't care who comes 3rd or greater fans not worth having. I'm a Lewis fan, but I still enjoyed seeing other drivers showing they are the best of the rest.

Massa - showing he still has it when he isn't hampered by team politics (Ferrari), or strategy Gaffs (Williams), or someone crashing him out

Bottas - showing he has some real talent (needs to work on his starts though)

Alonso - putting the crap Ferrari where it doesn't belong

Ricciardo - showing up his senior team mate, and making ballsy passes
197 104 103 7

strad

Sorry Mods but I just can't avoid it ...
:roll: :roll:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

giantfan10
giantfan10

dans79 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: the 2014 season was a flat out joke and watching a race to see who comes in 3rd through last is of no interest to most fans.
oh and fyi before u bring up schumaker and vettel... there were no restrictions placed on teams to copy or create there own technology to beat the red bulls and ferraris in their dominant eras
I would call the people who don't care who comes 3rd or greater fans not worth having. I'm a Lewis fan, but I still enjoyed seeing other drivers showing they are the best of the rest.
when i watch a race the best possible race i would like to see as a fan is when i dont know the outcome of the race beforehand...the red bull and ferrai domination of years past i could stomach because i knew the chasing teams had a fighting chance

Massa - showing he still has it when he isn't hampered by team politics (Ferrari), or strategy Gaffs (Williams), or someone crashing him out
all that massa has is a better power unit than the ferraris and red bulls.. dont con yourself into thinking massa is some kind of world beater because he isnt.. what he had this year was the second best PU on the grid.. or should i say the second best mercedes PU package having wolf as a major shareholder in williams may have something to do with that :?

yup he has talent

Alonso - putting the crap Ferrari where it doesn't belong
the ferrari finished right where it belonged behind the red bulls mercedes and williams just because kimi couldnt wrap his head around a new team and new car/pu doesnt make what fernando did that impressive and i'm a fan of alonso

Ricciardo - showing up his senior team mate, and making ballsy passes
great for ricciardo had some extremely lucky circumstances give him 3 wins this past year.. yes he had some great passes

regardless of if i agree or disagree with your points above... the point of any race is to determine a WINNER not who passed whatever car for 4th or 3rd...i want competition not a snoozefest with 2 cars 25 seconds ahead of the rest of the field.....in the ferrari and red bull domination years at least there was a possibility that other teams could win the race...
they were not told oh that red bull blown diffuser/mapping?.. you cant copy that...
if the other manufacturers were given the oppurtunity to revise their engines and mercedes still won by 25+ seconds at least i would know that there was actually a competition going on and not high school athletes competing in the nba

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

dans79 wrote: Massa - showing he still has it when he isn't hampered by team politics (Ferrari), or strategy Gaffs (Williams), or someone crashing him out
giantfan10 wrote:
all that massa has is a better power unit than the ferraris and red bulls.. dont con yourself into thinking massa is some kind of world beater because he isnt.. what he had this year was the second best PU on the grid.. or should i say the second best mercedes PU package having wolf as a major shareholder in williams may have something to do with that :?
Still RedBull beat them fair and square despite having a worse power unit.
Meanwhile, first year of Mercedes in a Williams. First year of Massa @ Williams.
dans79 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
yup he has talent
Great reply
dans79 wrote: Alonso - putting the crap Ferrari where it doesn't belong
giantfan10 wrote: the ferrari finished right where it belonged behind the red bulls mercedes and williams just because kimi couldnt wrap his head around a new team and new car/pu doesnt make what fernando did that impressive and i'm a fan of alonso
Kimi worked at Ferrari before. Kimi crashed that Ferrari in rediculous moves. Kimi was nowhere. Kimi is a WDC and great driver. Miles behind Alonso's performance. Kimi can't even reach Alonso's shadow.
And, Massa in brand new team performing like a boss is down to PU whilst Kimi whom should be a boss is the weakest link.
dans79 wrote: Ricciardo - showing up his senior team mate, and making ballsy passes
giantfan10 wrote: great for ricciardo had some extremely lucky circumstances give him 3 wins this past year.. yes he had some great passes
"lucky".
I sense a butthurt Vettel fan in the force.
giantfan10 wrote: .......i want competition not a snoozefest with 2 cars 25 seconds ahead of the rest of the field.....in the ferrari and red bull domination years at least there was a possibility that other teams could win the race...
what? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess you never ever actually saw the Schumacher years. Oh and, RedBull 4 years WDC + WCC in a row.

Bias much?
giantfan10 wrote: if the other manufacturers were given the oppurtunity to revise their engines and mercedes still won by 25+ seconds at least i would know that there was actually a competition going on and not high school athletes competing in the nba
what? :wtf: #-o

I think you just won the prize for Negativity and Haterism in this thread, that actually was created to adress the negativity and haterism against this great 2014 season. =D> =D> =D> Irony? or just butthurt fanboyism?

Anyway >

Now since we can all agree :mrgreen: 2014 is a great improvement, and we were provided with great races this year,
I can say the 2015 prospects are looking to actually having an even better season compared to 2014. Alonso @ Mclaren HONDA, Rosberg vs Hamilton 2.0, Vettel @ Ferrari, Ricciardo @ improved RedBull, Verstappen @ Toro Rosso, Bottas learning more to become a great...Visually improved nosecones, and Crashtor Maldonado with a Merc in the back.

A guarantee for tenser competition, interest after a huge shift in drivers and teams, and somebody that can ruin battles by making other cars flip upside down.

Meanwhile, Hamilton is now a 2-time WDC as Alonso is, and frankly, i'm hoping 2015 is going to be Alonso vs Hamilton. Hamilton is much more complete now after this season. Rosberg will be right in there as he's gained loads of experience now, too. I'd expect Rosberg to learn from Hamilton and have his wifey less present at the races and focus more on the races and not additional causes (worked out brilliantly for Hamilton).

If the 2015 Mclaren is any good, i'd expect Jenson to blast in some podiums and perhaps a win in a race like Japan. A good teammate makes Button stronger and he's arguably the best in changing track circumstances.

I'm curious though as to how far the Merc powerplant can really be improved. As insanely strong their unit is, there always is the possibility the engine is closer to it's max potential (less room for development) compared to the other manufacturers. Perhaps the Renault and Ferrari engines have more room to grow compared to the Merc unit.

We'll see.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Edax
Edax

Just_a_fan wrote:The reason fanboyism raises its ugly head is because there are people who hate certain drivers (often whilst preferring others). Any thread that mentions a hated driver must be descended upon and vitriol dispensed to all who will listen. For them, there can be no discussion about the merits of driver A at track B because they have to prove that driver A is in fact the worst driver ever - their hatred demands it of them to do this. When this happens, supporters of driver A respond. And then we have the silliness that is so often visible in threads hereabouts.

This is a facet of human nature that is present not just in internet forums but in "real" life too. Sometimes it leads to violence - see any number of football matches around the world over the years as examples.

Humans are animals and some animals just bite first and ask questions later... :(
"Ugly, hate, vitriol, silliness violence." Isn't this a bit overdramatic. Think of the flipside, without fanboyism, we'd be all sitting next to the track in unmarked raincoats, politely clapping with each passing car.

What you rather want? this:

or this:
And of course that will spill over into any discussion you have on the subject. When we have our "debriefing" of the race on monday at work, you get 4 different intepretations of the same race depending on the driver team the person is rooting for. And of course the person who has got the most points over the weekend gets to politely insult the others. 8) Similarly the people who didn't win are obliged to prove their driver actually did deserve to win but didn't because of.....

And that is all fine with me, as long as people stay respectful of each other.

I have some drivers that I favor and some that I like less, but I can't get myself worked up over the performance of some 18 year olds. So I don't think you find me making these kind of posts. But I certainly can appreciate some of the creative ways that some people are finding to support their drivers on this forum.

It is not that every thread quickly derails into 5 pages of Yes-No dribble.

Andres125sx

This thread reminds me all those F1 forums I loathed until I finally found F1T...

-You´re not a proper F1 fan because you don´t enjoy what I enjoy
-No you´re who don´t know what you´re talking about
-Your driver is worthless and doesn´t deserve any credit
-And yours is so lucky he should play euromillions

Unsubscribing....

turbof1

Yeah it's not working out guys. I don't know how, but somehow a topic about F1 in general gets down to the topic of fanboyism. It makes everything and everyone stick to it, like a magnet.

I'm forced to close the thread down.
#AeroFrodo