2014 10 race championship

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset
lebesset

2014 10 race championship

during the season there were ten races which were not affected by either mechanical problems in qually or race , or by actions on the track [ monaco and spa ]
of those races hamilton won 8 and rosberg 2 ...exactly the same margin as reality ;; and hamilton would have been champion after brazil
but the big difference is in the points need in the last 2 races ...with standard points hamilton would have needed 1 point to be WDC , with double at abu double he would have needed 26 , so 6th place at the last race would have been enough

gives a more realist picture of the relative performance of the drivers to my mind
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

iotar__

Re: 2014 10 race championship

Completely wrong backwards rewriting of reality to feel better about not so great performance of a favourite driver, business as usual in alternative internet realities. "In the races not affected" = as selective as it gets twisting of facts until desired result appears (reminds me of excluding Austria from qualifying speed comparison in some thread). Why?

1, Not all 'problems" are the same but let's lump them together, like local television commentators did with qualifying failures and technical problems - they were all called "problems" :lol:, even funnier were selective statistics, instead of qualifying head to head they used poles, excluding Austria of course, same with wins (it was here I think) excluding Spa and Canada etc. etc.
2. Timing and dynamic is crucial - races after Singapore when Rosberg wins, is second at worst or Hamilton has servicing substance contamination (which would have been exactly the same thing!) would have looked like differently.

It's a waste of time to argue with this kind of mentality, I tried it once, step by step with tyres in Hungary, it's like banging your head against a wall and it was only one race #-o . Repeat that with 19, 19 not BS selective 10? No thank you, so I'll add only one question just for the sake of it: - from team's perspective would mechanical failure for Hamilton in Abu Dhabi be exactly the same as it was for Rosberg? Hint: yes of course, because (again) it's exactly the same thing, reality: no, not really.

condor
condor

Re: 2014 10 race championship

I don't really understand either of the two posts above mine. All that is clear is that ironically, the double points at Abu Dhabi and Nico's DNF there, resulted in the final points table more accurately reflecting the two Merc driver's performances relative to each other. Lewis with 384 points to Nico's 317. It's not often that the final points reflects the performance reality. But there it is.