The Marlboro man to ru Ferrari?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive

The Marlboro man to ru Ferrari?

Will this work?

Or perhaps this?

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Blanchimont

Re: The Marlboro man to ru Ferrari?

It seems he's already preparing for a re-branding of Ferrari.

Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

xpensive

Former Marlboro Man, Eric Lawson, died from COPD complications, he was 72. Lawson was a rugged cowboy actor in the Marlboro ads and he was a lifelong smoker. Eric Lawson started smoking at the age of 14, he quit once he was diagnosed with COPD. Here’s another sad ironic fact, Lawson is the third Marlboro Man actor to die due to smoking complications. Yikes!

From The Washington Post:

Lawson had spoken out fiercely about the hazards of smoking, doing a public service announcement for the American Cancer Society in the 1990s, years before he was able to bring himself to quit.

“He tried to speak to the kids, telling them don’t start smoking,” his wife, Susan Lawson, told The Associated Press. “He already knew cigarettes had a hold on him.”

He became a perfect role model who made a difference in the lives of the people he kept from smoking simply by pointing out what it did to him, said John Seffrin, chief executive officer of the American Cancer Society.

“That’s important,” Seffrin said, “because people stop and think if that happens to Eric Lawson it could happen to me.”

Smoking is a very dangerous and habit forming, we’ve ALL seen those Quit Smoking commercials that creep you out and makes you not EVER pick up a cigarette. Unless, that is…you’re already a smoker. I’m sure we know at least 2 people who are chronic smokers that have that disgusting ass smokers cough. During college I was a chain smoker. 1-2 packs a day; coffee, studying and cigarettes were my life, then one day I smelled myself (clothes/hair/hands) and got nauseous. Stopped smoking right then and there. I was a chain smoker for about a year and just quit. Classmates who I smoked with asked me how did I stop, I just told them I stink and I don’t like smelling this way. THE END.

Now, I’m not saying that it’s THAT easy to stop smoking, BUT, if it’s something that you really put your mind to, I believe that it can be done. *steps off soap box*

Sebp

xpensive wrote:Here’s another sad ironic fact, Lawson is the third Marlboro Man actor to die due to smoking complications.
"ironic" !?

No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

bill shoe

So now "sponsor representative" Maurizio Arrivabene will be in charge of Ferrari F1.

I was a bit suprised to learn that the sole sponsor representative on the F1 council represents Marlboro, a company which has been legally barred for many years from displaying its name on the cars or directly promote itself in conjunction with F1. If F1 can't attract robust sponsors to replace Marlboro by now then the sport's rot is very deep.

coaster

Hilarious! Could we get some Village People pics up while were on the subject of 70's camp macho. =D>

MOWOG

Could we get some Village People pics up while were on the subject of 70's camp macho.
What a great idea!

Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

xpensive

A serious Marlboro man for you!