Alonso documentary (last race in Ferrari)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1universe
f1universe

Alonso documentary (last race in Ferrari)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irdo8JKblFg

Really interesting peek at what drivers do outside racing, specially in this case. Is in Spanish but still enjoyable if you want to see another side of him. Part 2 is about the race day, aired today, I will post the video if I find it.

Andres125sx

Re: Alonso documentary (last race in Ferrari)

Nice video, different, personal

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Wish this was subtitled, might still watch anyway

f1universe
f1universe

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

Worth watching even if you don't understand Spanish, gives you a real insight into the life of an F1 driver. Makes you realise they don't really have much time to themselves as there are a lot of things to be done in between driving the car. From that video it looked like hotel, track, hotel, track again and again.

Much respect to Fernando, he seems like a great guy when he is not in the media spotlight and with his mates.

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

And special mention for Hamilton's gold chain. My God!

PlatinumZealot

One link for each overtake.

Ok. I liked the video a lot! it was interesting seeing Fernando up close and personal. He seems like a simple enough guy. Very likeable. The most interesting part for me was after the team photo when the team members were crowding him to get their shirts signed.... it is almost like they hold him as a diety they really adore him - it was like little kids seeing their hero go.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

PABLOEING
PABLOEING

Amazing

Youhavebeendunn

It got copyright blocked :(

MadMatt
MadMatt

Vettel Maggot wrote:Worth watching even if you don't understand Spanish, gives you a real insight into the life of an F1 driver. Makes you realise they don't really have much time to themselves as there are a lot of things to be done in between driving the car. From that video it looked like hotel, track, hotel, track again and again.

Much respect to Fernando, he seems like a great guy when he is not in the media spotlight and with his mates.
I would say this is pretty much the same for all those working in motorsport (top level). In the WRC, the drivers had the easy time, because for sure they have to drive and train, but all the PR stuff is not really demanding (except patience and time). When the drivers gets out of the car, that's when the mechanics start working, and it is usually endless. Not to mention engineers that always have something to do, car running or not. :wink:

Redragon

Vettel Maggot wrote:And special mention for Hamilton's gold chain. My God!
No even Caesars back on the days got such gold collars

Redragon

MadMatt wrote:
Vettel Maggot wrote:Worth watching even if you don't understand Spanish, gives you a real insight into the life of an F1 driver. Makes you realise they don't really have much time to themselves as there are a lot of things to be done in between driving the car. From that video it looked like hotel, track, hotel, track again and again.

I would say this is pretty much the same for all those working in motorsport (top level). In the WRC, the drivers had the easy time, because for sure they have to drive and train, but all the PR stuff is not really demanding (except patience and time). When the drivers gets out of the car, that's when the mechanics start working, and it is usually endless. Not to mention engineers that always have something to do, car running or not. :wink:

He mentions how terrifying is to walk the padock during the weekend as everyone is looking at you, so he has to be really carefull also comments it is really difficult to meet real personalities on this envioronment as you can not be yourself.

For those don't understand spanish I will highlight 3 comments got my attention,

He says have learned not to give his opinion or intervene to much on drivers brief with race directors as it could transfer in reprimends on the future and be penalized, so he just does as observer and listener.

Before the race, he looked one of the mechanics when ready for race and saw him crying that make him feel guilty as his choice to leave Ferrari is to win asap, otherwise would stay as he really got well with everyone from the beginning and love everyone at ferrari. Also same mechanic said to him after the race, he understands why he is leaving but he has to win otherwise not point on leaving. Alonso later gives in private a present to mechanics manager.

On the dinner before the race, he says it is the only time he can be himself as he is with the closest persons on the paddock, his friends but it is not an easy night as he knows the car is not fit for race and the engine not set up properly, so while everyone is partying on the boats, etc... he is really worried that he had to fight hard to have a good result somehow on his last race for Ferrari, he would have love to leave on the high.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

In the first video, what is he saying in the car around the 30-32 min mark?

Andres125sx

JimClarkFan wrote:In the first video, what is he saying in the car around the 30-32 min mark?
Heยดs asking about the grid positions. He says STR starts are not good so he could reach their position with a good start, but he grumble about the ban to practice race starts because he only did one on FP because of the car problems

gray41

Watched it even though I didn't understand a word.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***