Your Top 10 Drives of 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
rapha-78

Re: Your Top 10 Drives of 2014

I think these statistics are absolutely true when you see Alonso number 1
If the mp4-30 is a good car he will be a threat for mercedes

PlatinumZealot

Re: Your Top 10 Drives of 2014

Chuckjr wrote:With all due respect, but when your car is 1.5-2 seconds faster a lap it's hard to see such a driving position as exceptional. The playing field is not level whatsoever so it's hard for me to see how Nico or Ham was exceptional pretty much at any point this year. Years ago when Ham was challenging the Bulls in a far less quick Macca, now that's noteworthy, but 2014? Come on.

Interestingly it's almost only when the Merc was down on power that some sense of skill is noted, but one or two swallows do not make a summer.

Again all due respect to Ham and Nico but the car advantage basically limited their competition to only one other person the entire year. To me, it makes the wins, or basically the entire year, a hollow victory. Each started the year with a 50/50 chance to win it all. Not any other driver had such forgiving odds. It's not much different to when Vettle was dominating because his car was almost as untouchable as the 2014 Merc, almost.

Hopefully next year the field will at least offer an opportunity for competition between more than just two drivers.

Personally I think Ric takes the driver of the year award pulling that POS Renault engine onto the podium multiple times was a spectacular feat and very noteworthy. Pinning a 2 seconds a lap faster car onto the podium...? Yawn.
Ok Chucky Jay, i get where you are coming from but look on it this way: supposed you were a formula 1 driver in the dominant car - I mean a car two and half seconds faster than anything else - but there is one litle twist.... your team mate is Ayrton Senna!

If you do happen to squeeze every last ounce of mettle out of yourself and win against him, how can you say it is a hollow victory?

That's just ludicrous. The two Merc drivers were rated NOT by just about having a dominant car like Vettel and Schumi did, but because it is already known that they are two top drivers competing on equal terms against each other in the same machine... The pure essence of racing.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™