Fantasy 2015 Liveries

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
diego1960

Re: Fantasy 2015 Liveries

Most of these liveries are seriously A LOT better than the ones we have in reality. Great job guys!

For example Red-Bull Zero Calories is amazing, as well as the classic McLaren one and the Merc from the previous page.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Hail22

Now this would be a sexy 2015 Lotus Livery:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Morteza

Hail22 wrote:Now this would be a sexy 2015 Lotus Livery:

http://wtf1.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/20 ... _lotus.jpg
Now we're talking. That is gorgeous.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Manoah2u

Looks awesome without the Red! =D>
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

astracrazy

its annoying isn't it. how every year we see some fantastic concepts, when in reality they always seem pretty dull. There must be more to it than we think in terms of influencing the design.

http://pangaeacreative.co.uk/our-though ... -1-livery/

ScottB

astracrazy wrote:its annoying isn't it. how every year we see some fantastic concepts, when in reality they always seem pretty dull. There must be more to it than we think in terms of influencing the design.

Broadly speaking, positioning logos in places where they can be clearly seen, not distorted by the car's surfaces and against a colour that doesn't clash with them is probably the driving force.

Some of these liveries are very nice, but viewed on TV, from a distance, they might not stand out so well. Increasingly modern F1 liveries tend to be very simple in terms of patterns etc. I would think this stems from keeping in mind the vast array of devices and image quality people consume F1 content on. Your sponsors need to stand out and livery needs to look good on a 50 inch 4K TV and a couple hundred pixel wide photo on Twitter, to give just two extremes.

I suspect we'll see a continuation of the teams moving towards liveries heavily based around being mostly single colour, two at the most, with flashes of others, to get that recognisability that is crucial. You only need a flash of red to know it's a Ferrari, last year's Williams really stood out with it's mostly white paint job, it's probably why Red Bull has it's dark blue base to make the red / yellow really noticeable, rather than the cans light blue / silver. If Merc claims silver for itself and Mclaren goes with orange or something, that would make a lot of sense.

Manoah2u

astracrazy wrote:its annoying isn't it. how every year we see some fantastic concepts, when in reality they always seem pretty dull. There must be more to it than we think in terms of influencing the design.

yes but must not forget one thing; these concepts look great but they are just flat 2D side - photographed photoshop
excersizes. In real life, the lines would not correspond from another perspective and could look messy and cloggy.

Then we have the fact they're artistic impressions, so done with a sense of 'freedom'. In reality, this freedom does not
fit so well becuase of sponsorship deals with the money paired to it. Brand recognition, etc etc.

So how great some livery could look, in real life there are reasons they aren't used. Like the all-black lotus; When Total still was a prominet sponsor, they would demand a very recognisable Red visible. That's the immediate end of the artistic impressions there. Same goes for other sponsors on other cars.

In a way it's sad, true. Still, it's real life and it has been like that for decades.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

u guys ready?

these are absolutely STUNNING =P~ =P~ =P~

and realistic!

Chrome MERCEDES

AMAZING MCLAREN =D> =D> [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Superb FERRARI

Force India

interesting LOTUS livery

and another very Interesting MClaren livery

yes please to the Red-White Mclaren livery.

SunsAnvil

In my opinion, this latest bunch are some of the best seen so far. Thanks for sharing!

adrianjordan

Someone share that last one on McLaren's Twitter now!! That looks awesome!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

RichardF1

Am I right in thinking Santander sponsor both Alonso and Button? So we could see the red on the McLaren due to their association and hopefully the white and maybe shades of grey or orange. I hope so as it would look fantastic!
WWKD- What would Kimi do?

adrianjordan

RichardF1 wrote:Am I right in thinking Santander sponsor both Alonso and Button? So we could see the red on the McLaren due to their association and hopefully the white and maybe shades of grey or orange. I hope so as it would look fantastic!
Santander sponsor both Ferrari and McLaren. In 2014 their logo was only on the McLaren overalls, but with Alonso returning to the team it would not be surprising to see Santander step up their sponsorship and appear on the car again.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Denaris

Hello, I would like to contribute with some designs I created, hope you enjoy them.

BP Jaguar F1 Team

Mercedes AMG Petronas (Dark Chrome)

Ferrari F2015

Ferrari F2015 (Agip Livery)

BMW Motorsport Works Team

Mclaren Honda (Colour is both Red and Orange depending on the light similar to TVR paint scheme)

Red Bull RB11

Daliracing

Would be nice if STR would do something like this
If Marussia would make it
Not alot liveries of a Sauber so here's 1
Last edited by Daliracing on 19 Jan 2015, 02:43, edited 2 times in total.

bauc

@Denaris- They are superb! Thanks for sharing
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg