Powergate?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Powergate?

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... ng-at-11pm

http://www.f1today.net/nl/nieuws/hamilt ... -van-opzet

Translation;

The relationship between Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg has been normalized, but both were on the edge for a long time this season. The Briton still suspects his German teammate regarding his error in qualification for the Monaco Grand Prix.

Hamilton told Sky Sports in their documentary "A Champion's Story" : In Bahrain Nico did something to me, in Barcelona I did something back - In Monaco he lifted the rivalry to a whole new level, which, for me, was really hard to swallow. I tried to remain calm and turn the negative energy into positive energy. I lost seven points in Monaco, but was extra determined to get those points back. "

"In Bahrain, at Nico's side of the garage, there were some switches turned to provide Nico with extra engine power so he could overtake me. In Barcelona, ​​the same thing happened in my side of the garage. We were then told it wasn't supposed to go down like that, so then none of us fiddled with settings anymore without the team's consent. It was part of the learning process that Nico and I underwent. "
Ok so, am I getting this right?
Is it really true that engine settings can be adjusted from the PITLANE? :wtf:
I recall the finale in Abu Dhabi where Lewis asked "Please don't give me full power"......

Does this genuinly mean power control or engine control from 'outside'?
Isn't this regulated/banned/prohibited?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

wesley123

Re: Powergate?

No they cannot, it is a setting that drivers have to adjust themselves.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

langwadt

wesley123 wrote:No they cannot, it is a setting that drivers have to adjust themselves.
but the radio messages from/to Hamilton at the last grandprix could make it sound it was done from the pits.
pit saying "let us know if you want your engine turned up", and later Ham saying "please don't turn my engine up"

I'll assume that they had just been told is no uncertain terms after the "power gate" that they had to do what the
pit told them to

Moose

Wait, are you trying to read between the lines of a translation? You are aware that often the actual meaning of a sentence gets lost in translation, right... Not even the sub text, but the actual real text gets mistranslated.

Of course the drivers change the actual switches, that's the rules, and that's what happens until the FIA says "AHAAHH, Mercedes is cheating"

raymondu999

Maybe that's their way of saying "if you want the engine power up we'll calculate the fuel
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard

It's a figure of speech, it shows that Hamilton thinks of his side as the garage as synonymous with himself.

Also no need for a new thread, we do have a team thread http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 32#p549332