McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Thunder

Re: McLaren 2015 livery

Nahh, its just that dark Gunmetal and Light falling on it in the right angle.

Edit: Here is another Pic https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/567642674044616704
Last edited by Thunder on 17 Feb 2015, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

I agree, it's just glare.

Miguel
Miguel

Thunders wrote:Nahh, its just that dark Gunmetal and Light falling on it in the right angle.

Edit: Here is another Pic
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/567642674044616704
Is it me or are they going the wrong way in T1-T2?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

bdr529

Miguel wrote:
Thunders wrote:Nahh, its just that dark Gunmetal and Light falling on it in the right angle.

Edit: Here is another Pic
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/567642674044616704
Is it me or are they going the wrong way in T1-T2?
Not only is Button pointed in the wrong direction, the car is not running
I think the only one "Hitching a ride" in this photo will be the Mclaren on the back of a recovery vehicle

Hail22

I cannot find their twitter feed however someone / something called ABSillustration posted this, a somewhat white / chrome with red for the MP4-30

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

djos

Hail22 wrote:I cannot find their twitter feed however someone / something called ABSillustration posted this, a somewhat white / chrome with red for the MP4-30

That's rather good!
"In downforce we trust"

bidong
bidong

That chrome front wing is a nice touch.

djos

bidong wrote:That chrome front wing is a nice touch.
I think that is my new favorite livery! 8)
"In downforce we trust"

bidong
bidong

I have ZERO skill in photoshop. But I kind of want to not go back to the McLaren Honda Era Senna theme with the marlboro stripe on. One, this McLaren Honda partnership might not be as great as everyone says it will be. Next, i know nostalgia is a factor and I personally think that the juxtaposition of of McLaren and Honda is enough.

If anyone can photoshop this. A good livery i think would be where the whole car is Honda's championship white with black and white sponsorship texts/logo. except for Honda and Mclaren which should appear Flaming Red

Front and Rearwing endplates are FLAMING RED.

And front and rear wings as chrome.

Just my taste... I hope someone photoshops it so we can see if it really looks good. It's just all in my head right now.

heheheheh

Bomber_Pilot

That chromed front wing... It reminds me of those guys that go to a car parts shop and buy everything chromed, like a gear shifter knob or that chrome looking plastic for the fuel tank cover and then stick it on their cars, because it "looks cool" :?

Thunder

I need to see that livery from the Side to make a decision, but that Chrome front Wing is s no go for me. It just doesn't fit the classy and clean image of McLaren. I have to agree with Bomber_Pilot on that one, it just looks cheap. But that is only MY PERSONAL Opinion. Paint the Front Wing white and integrate the Chrome somewere in the Chassis could work, but that exposed Chrome FW just looks weird.
#aerogollum

Hail22

Thunders wrote:I need to see that livery from the Side to make a decision, but that Chrome front Wing is s no go for me. It just doesn't fit the classy and clean image of McLaren. I have to agree with Bomber_Pilot on that one, it just looks cheap. But that is only MY PERSONAL Opinion. Paint the Front Wing white and integrate the Chrome somewere in the Chassis could work, but that exposed Chrome FW just looks weird.
Ask and you shall receive, please note the creator made two illustrations of his ideal livery. The one with hugo boss on the role hoop was his pre-launch version the latest one was released on the 17th of Feb which has kpmg:

P.S He has used shadow texturing on the front wing to give it a "cartoon-esque" look, so it's not chrome as I was thinking earlier.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

djos

That looks brilliant imo, side views just confirm it's a great livery design!
"In downforce we trust"

Thunder

Thanks Hail22.
Looks good from the Side. Just scrap the Chrome FW and Vortex Generators on the Sidepods and we have a great Livery.
Last edited by Thunder on 18 Feb 2015, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
#aerogollum

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

In the sake of black-white non-red mclarens;

imho, it's too black-white [dah], it's just too boring. However it must be said, this livery has been executed really,
really well. props to the guy who did this.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"