McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: McLaren 2015 livery

Meanwhile, here is something interesting

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

original:

time for the first soup-sponsor livery in F1? Campbell Mclaren F1? :mrgreen:
Free chicken soup for every team member :D
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

there is NO way Mclaren keeps the silver-black combo with the amount of red-white they've been promoting. [-o<
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

acosmichippo

Dude, you're just setting yourself up for continual disappointment. They're not "promoting" red/white any more than they always have.

Thunder

The red Name in the Garage is nothing New:

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

diffuser

Hail22 wrote:
Thunders wrote:I need to see that livery from the Side to make a decision, but that Chrome front Wing is s no go for me. It just doesn't fit the classy and clean image of McLaren. I have to agree with Bomber_Pilot on that one, it just looks cheap. But that is only MY PERSONAL Opinion. Paint the Front Wing white and integrate the Chrome somewere in the Chassis could work, but that exposed Chrome FW just looks weird.
Ask and you shall receive, please note the creator made two illustrations of his ideal livery. The one with hugo boss on the role hoop was his pre-launch version the latest one was released on the 17th of Feb which has kpmg:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8zYtroCMAAJg4A.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9w_F9dIYAMwV6J.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8zYdUTCUAA5brj.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9AqTTLIUAEeqaz.jpg:large

P.S He has used shadow texturing on the front wing to give it a "cartoon-esque" look, so it's not chrome as I was thinking earlier.

I like it. but cause of the high heat on the back cover you should probably Start at the SAP logo with red and fade to black.

Manoah2u

Thunders wrote:The red Name in the Garage is nothing New:

http://www.f1aldia.com/galeria/14100/14 ... claren.jpg
dammit :lol:

i want to believe [so much]

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

CjC
CjC

Esso?
Are they and Mobil 1 part of the same group?

I've been thinking about mclaren's livery.
Ron Dennis has basically stated that he wants millions upon millions from a company to brand themselves upon his brands car.
Mclaren are themselves a big brand, especially in f1 so why doesn't he brand his own car with his own brand, ie mclaren or mclaren technologies. It's basically what Ferrari, red bull and Mercedes do.
So instead of running around with an f1 car with not many sponsors on it, sort a good paint out and plaster it with mclaren logos.

Makes sense? After all he's telling us that the other companies within mclaren are funding the f1 project. That's a very good business model, so be proud of it and brand your f1 car with the brand!!
Just a fan's point of view

acosmichippo

I think McLaren are in a vastly different situation compared to Ferrari, Red Bull, and Mercedes. (to preface the below statements, I'll say I know revenue doesn't tell the complete picture, but it does give some kind of context to the size of each company involved, and how much cash they have to dump into F1.)

Ferrari's revenue in 2013 was €2.3 billion. Fiat's revenue in 2012 was €87 billion. Plus Ferrari has Philip Morris, who give them money equivalent to a title sponsor.

Red Bull is not even a car manufacturer - they use motorsports (among others) to market high-margin soft drinks (revenue €4.2 billion in 2011).

Mercedes' revenue was €114 billion in 2013. Plus they have Petronas, although I admit I'm not sure how much money they give for the title sponsor.

McLaren Technology Group on the other hand, taking into account each of its branches, made £268 million (€361 million) of revenue in 2013. So they're really not on the same scale financially as the other "works" teams you mentioned.

WaikeCU

acosmichippo wrote:I think McLaren are in a vastly different situation compared to Ferrari, Red Bull, and Mercedes. (to preface the below statements, I'll say I know revenue doesn't tell the complete picture, but it does give some kind of context to the size of each company involved, and how much cash they have to dump into F1.)

Ferrari's revenue in 2013 was €2.3 billion. Fiat's revenue in 2012 was €87 billion. Plus Ferrari has Philip Morris, who give them money equivalent to a title sponsor.

Red Bull is not even a car manufacturer - they use motorsports (among others) to market high-margin soft drinks (revenue €4.2 billion in 2011).

Mercedes' revenue was €114 billion in 2013. Plus they have Petronas, although I admit I'm not sure how much money they give for the title sponsor.

McLaren Technology Group on the other hand, taking into account each of its branches, made £268 million (€361 million) of revenue in 2013. So they're really not on the same scale financially as the other "works" teams you mentioned.
Despite the racing pedigree of the name Mclaren, it's pretty clear how much financially they are on the back foot compared to their nearest competitors. I wonder have Honda given Mclaren some sort of financial input?

If you look back, a lot of big sponsors have left Mclaren for their nearest competitors

Philip Morris => Ferrari (1997)
In with West, out with Marlboro. Marlboro continued with Ferrari (1997)
Vodafone, failed to remove the sponsor at the 2012 Bahrain GP, might have caused them losing this sponsor (2013)
Hugo Boss => Mercedes (2014)
Santander => Alonso took sponsorship to Ferrari, although it was still on the Mclaren rear wing (2008)
Johnny Walker => Bernie, still on the car of 2014 (2014)

CjC
CjC

acosmichippo wrote:I think McLaren are in a vastly different situation compared to Ferrari, Red Bull, and Mercedes. (to preface the below statements, I'll say I know revenue doesn't tell the complete picture, but it does give some kind of context to the size of each company involved, and how much cash they have to dump into F1.)

I see you point.
I guess that's why mclaren needed an engine (power unit :roll: ) partner in honda. Honda have contributed to the mclaren budget.
I still stand by what I said though, mclaren are a big enough brand in f1 to advertise on their own car. It just makes sense to me, it's free advertisement for your brand, for example take me for instance, I have a company that I advertise on my van, I dont charge myself for it :P
WaikeCU wrote:

Despite the racing pedigree of the name Mclaren, it's pretty clear how much financially they are on the back foot compared to their nearest competitors. I wonder have Honda given Mclaren some sort of financial input?

If you look back, a lot of big sponsors have left Mclaren for their nearest competitors

Philip Morris => Ferrari (1997)
In with West, out with Marlboro. Marlboro continued with Ferrari (1997)
Vodafone, failed to remove the sponsor at the 2012 Bahrain GP, might have caused them losing this sponsor (2013)
Hugo Boss => Mercedes (2014)
Santander => Alonso took sponsorship to Ferrari, although it was still on the Mclaren rear wing (2008)
Johnny Walker => Bernie, still on the car of 2014 (2014)
I quess that's down to Ron keeping his rate card up way high.
I like a bit of red but that's too much red, red is for Ferrari in my eyes.
Just a fan's point of view

PlatinumZealot

I want to see that chrome white on the car now. New and original!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Hail22

This would be a vast improvement of the current livery...

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

djos

Hail22 wrote:This would be a vast improvement of the current livery...

That is quite good but based on the pics from the latest round of testing imo red and white are about to make a come back. :)
"In downforce we trust"