McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
poolboy67

Re: McLaren 2015 livery

from what i know, indy cars are designed for looks rather than actual aerodynamic efficiency. and that livery looks nothing like current mclaren livery. it's something honda themselves might design, but we must remember, mclaren basicly dictates their livery for f1.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

FrukostScones

dren wrote:The wing looks like a modern F1 wing with larger side plates.
built from Lego
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

PlatinumZealot

Looks very functional though. Surprisingly detailed IMO.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

bdr529

poolboy67 wrote: mclaren basicly dictates their livery for f1.
Only because they don't have a sponsor to do it for them,

McG

Thunders wrote:At this point i hope they keep the current Livery. Looked better every Time i saw it and now i really like it. Especially in these high contrast shots floating around. 8) 8)
Took me about an hour to get used to it. Took me about a day to set it as my desktops!
F1 is dead.

dren

I think there was just such high expectation for the old red and white that people were really turned off by the new livery. I don't mind it, but it could look better.
Honda!

Manoah2u

dren wrote:I think there was just such high expectation for the old red and white that people were really turned off by the new livery. I don't mind it, but it could look better.
+2. it isn't that bad though it lacks a bit of execution. The bright red mirros simply look out of place since they look like they're towering out [on a side/front profile]. The red line that curves around the engine cover then is too thin and flat [read: only visible from above] which makes it look like the red line stops around the mirrors/driver seat. which just makes it look weird and unbalanced.

The livery looks extra bad because it lacks 'advertising'. A big SAP, ESSO, HONDA, or MClaren on the sidepods would have improved the viewability by a big margin.

all in all though the new Macca livery was hyped up to the bone, Mclaren themselves are very responsible for this, so indeed, it was a huge letdown because they've had the public excited on something and then gave them something totally different. Especially as a combination of things since it was suggested that Mclaren would end their chrome-livery and Merc to pick it up, which also didn't happen.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
dren wrote:I think there was just such high expectation for the old red and white that people were really turned off by the new livery. I don't mind it, but it could look better.
+2. it isn't that bad though it lacks a bit of execution. The bright red mirros simply look out of place since they look like they're towering out [on a side/front profile]. The red line that curves around the engine cover then is too thin and flat [read: only visible from above] which makes it look like the red line stops around the mirrors/driver seat. which just makes it look weird and unbalanced.

The livery looks extra bad because it lacks 'advertising'. A big SAP, ESSO, HONDA, or MClaren on the sidepods would have improved the viewability by a big margin.

all in all though the new Macca livery was hyped up to the bone, Mclaren themselves are very responsible for this, so indeed, it was a huge letdown because they've had the public excited on something and then gave them something totally different. Especially as a combination of things since it was suggested that Mclaren would end their chrome-livery and Merc to pick it up, which also didn't happen.
I would suspect the sidepods will have a logo on them in the races...whatever that may be...my guess is SAP...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thunder

Australia:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

nace84

Ron has to eat his words again. last year he promised a new sponsor, this year a new livery but by that pic loks like nothing changed :roll:

Thunder

nace84 wrote:Ron has to eat his words again. last year he promised a new sponsor, this year a new livery but by that pic loks like nothing changed :roll:
He never said WHEN the Livery is going to Change though. :wink:
People expecting a new Livery for the First Race was pure Speculation.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Starscreamer

Boring livery missed chance!
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

McG

Manoah2u wrote:

McLaren aren't responsible, the individual is responsible for believing the hype, then it becomes public hype. What other hype do you believe in at the moment?

I personally didn't get too hyped about any livery. I don't follow twitter or facebook although I do have them. One livery speculation that was posted on here that always stuck in my mind, that I hoped wouldn't arise, was the Gillete thing.

I don't think it looks bad without advertising on the sidepod, looks better actually. What makes you think it would look better with advertising? Didn't you like the look of F1 cars back when they had no adverts on them? If you mean it would look better as in that they have a major sponsor, or at least making it look like they have a major sponsor, then McLaren have already cleared that up. They have a big budget and don't want to undersell the brand, which it absolutely fine.

Maybe it's just differences in taste, but I prefer a car with less adverts on it. I think the McLaren F1 road car in all iterations is better looking than any of race car versions. I thought the Ferrari F2001 looked amazing without any adverts.
F1 is dead.

Starscreamer

And what do you guys think about the livery if you saw McLaren and Forza India in one shot.

#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

mclaren111

McG: I don't think it looks bad without advertising on the sidepod, looks better actually. What makes you think it would look better with advertising?
I totally agree. I would only change the Honda to the red as well. The Lotus last year looked horrible with hardly an inch without a sponsorship name.